• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Youtube, you are slowly losing me. Too many ad interruptions.

j_z

No ill will towards anyone. I understand that Google needs to increase revenues hence why the ad structure has changed so dramatically in past few months.
However I find myself drifting further away from YouTube on a weekly basis. I'm now intentionally searching Netflix and Prime and others for things to watch instead of time wasting on YouTube. I am slowly coming to the realization that not much on YouTube is actually important, it's really just entertainment. For me it's just not worth paying for, to some I'm sure it is and that's fine. I have unsubscribed from many of my channels and I seldomly make it through a whole video any more due to all the ad interruptions.
Again no ill will, just some unsolicited personal feedback Applinked.

Last edited:

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
That is the problem with an ad based system. I kinda like the idea of a the paid TubeBuddy option, just wish it could be implemented a little different. Like, how many little issues would it solve if creators were given a discount for a paid version of YouTube in return for posting content? I dunno... maybe it wouldn't work. But it is an interesting concept.

• Love
Reactions: Damon and Dimi

c0nefn

No ill will towards anyone. I understand that Google needs to increase revenues hence why the ad structure has changed so dramatically in past few months.
However I find myself drifting further away from YouTube on a weekly basis. I'm now intentionally searching Netflix and Prime and others for things to watch instead of time wasting on YouTube. I am slowly coming to the realization that not much on YouTube is actually important, it's really just entertainment. For me it's just not worth paying for, to some I'm sure it is and that's fine. I have unsubscribed from many of my channels and I seldomly make it through a whole video any more due to all the ad interruptions.
Again no ill will, just some unsolicited personal feedback.
oh i see i mean its kind of a problem

Reactions: Damon

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I'm actually one of the few ppl I know that actually pay to avoid ads on YouTube though it doesn't keep the content creators from including ads on their own videos. But at least those I can easily skip. I watch enough YouTube to justify the cost of Premium. As a matter of fact, I pay for the family plan because on average we have 3 screens playing YouTube most of the day every day. It's the same reason I pay extra for Hulu because I just simply hate ads in general. It's why I don't do Twitch much these days. While I was living in Puerto Rico ads were not an issue because Twitch didn't play ads on those IP addresses. But once I moved back to the states 2 years ago I started getting tons of ads on Twitch, often in the most inconvenient moments of the stream. They have a similar concept to YouTube Premium called Twitch Turbo, but unlike YouTube I don't watch enough Twitch to justify paying to eliminate ads. I can't watch streamers for hours at a time because it's live and they like talking a lot, they have a lot of boring time between rounds on certain games and quite frankly I'm there for the gaming, not the chit chat. And since they don't usually pay attention to their audience anyways once they get too big it's pointless. So, I use my free Prime sub to help those I like most but I just don't watch Twitch enough to pay. Dr Disrespect is about the only streamer I can actually watch even between rounds of gameplay.