• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips You Need To Plan Your Videos!

CyberSorcerer

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
masterfreelancer.online
Subscriber Goal
What do I mean? Well, I want people to watch my videos for longer than 1-2 minutes or seconds for some of us. To do this DO NOT put anything important at the front of the video. Have the front for your prolog, video introduction (15 seconds of less) and then start. But, depending on how long video you plan, don't give away the good stuff too early.

For instance, I have a lot of tutorial videos or videos where I'm giving information that the person coming is looking for. BUT I am not going to give that info out within the first 25% of the video AT LEAST. This is by design, and when you watch enough video "and pay attention to them in an analytical way," you'll see it's how other channels with good views and subs do it.

Just like everyone else I watch videos that are in my space, niche etc. Not for the learning or even the entertainment because this is the niche where I produce content in so I "should" already know and understand it. I watch to analyze and learn. I look at the layout, video editing style, graphics, animations, do they use whiteboards, PowerPoint, etc. Remember we're not on YouTube for entertainment "unless it is during your unwinding phase or actually is entertainment time" but I have to put in my 8 hours of work first, just like a job "and that's how we have to treat this, except we work for ourselves and getting a check 'or money' depends on our efforts." Bad effort, or no effort at all, means NO MONEY.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
If I go into a tutorial and they do not start right in on the info, I scan ahead - or click off the vid. I am not sitting through 25% of the vid patiently waiting. Not sure if I am an average viewer... I hope you have good research on this. The tutorial channels I watch regularly are the ones that get right into the meat of the info and make the entire video useful.

OP
OP
CyberSorcerer

CyberSorcerer

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
masterfreelancer.online
Subscriber Goal
@Tito Tim I understand but most of my channels are on little more advanced topics such as security research and do require a prolog, or introduction on what the video is about and some explanation where the information is useful. Not I understand not all niches benefit from some ground works first. But that's the whole point. Understand your niche, your target audience, and how others in your niche are laying out their videos. Looks at videos, in your niche, that have thousands of views but also look at ones that have under 100 views and see if you can identify the difference? As always, everything is about learning. Always be actively learning.

OP
OP
CyberSorcerer

CyberSorcerer

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
masterfreelancer.online
Subscriber Goal
Just to add a bit to this because I'm a numbers guy, for those who like spending a lot of time in the "Analytics" section (something that Derral Eves preaches) you can see when and where people are jumping and skipping around in your video and how often it happens. If you see that it is happening a lot then you need to rethink and plan your videos better and always be testing.

We are all here to grow our channels but this isn't going to come easy. You are going to have to analyze numbers, retentions, gender, geolocation, video length, shorts vs longer videos, what your competition is going.

Like I have mentioned before I have paid versions of TubeBuddy and VidIQ on my #1 main channel, for all the 9 channels I have, because this is the central hub of my whole YouTube platform. There will be links to the other channels, along with videos in the end screen and cards too. I have the VidIQ Boost+ (which allows me to include 3 channels in the subscription for $79 instead of the $39 for one channel) so I run VidIQ on my other top 2 "most important channels" and I have both free TubeBuddy and VidIQ on the other 7 channels because sense I teach people how to build their YouTube business (channel) on one of my channels I need to know EVERYTHING about all tools available. This is why when @Stanley Orchard mentioned MorningFame to me I went and got a subscription to it. I'm finding it has a lot of overlap with TubeBuddy and VidIQ in different ways. As someone who is supposed to be offering advice and helping "new" people to YouTube build from nothing and usually free tools or free trial tools and even OSINT (meaning using JUST your YouTube Analytics and what you can gain from observation and OpenSource tools). I like to be complete. This is also why I have a Discord for each channel to offer chat help.

Sorry if my post ends up too long. Also for those who haven't seen yet, I'm mostly up during graveyard hours PST.

Enough on this topic, I need to get back to studying, research, and making content. LOL