• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion Do You Take Time Off From Making Videos Ever?

Avocado

TubeBuddy User
www.spreadtheavocado.com
Subscriber Goal
After about a year and a half, my family and I decided that it would be best to take summers off from making videos. So I don't burn out and can do more in life than just make videos.

I am worried though, this is my first time taking such a long break. I hope my fans all come back and I didn't loose any.

Reactions: KIDisMe and Damon
OP
OP
Avocado

Avocado

TubeBuddy User
www.spreadtheavocado.com
Subscriber Goal
Yes, I take every December off, and I have not produced many videos over the heat of the summer because it's so hot here in Alabama. Read, Clockwork by Mike Michalowicz. In it he describes building a business so that you can take off indefinitely if you want.
Same here in Arizona. It gets to 116f in my area. Some areas of Arizona get in the 120f's...

Reactions: Damon

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Oh yeah, I definitely take time off. I take off an entire month 2-3 times per year. I need the break for one, my schedule is pretty hectic. But also when I come back I typically hit the ground running with some of my better videos and that lack of content gets people hungry. If you are consistent and viewer grow accustomed to having you as a part of their daily/weekly schedule then you take time off it leaves them longing for that thing they've been missing.

• Love
Reactions: Avocado and Damon

vladimirvlad

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Oh man, I have never taken an off period. I post regularly, hence I don't go live every day. Idk, if you feel tired, take a break. It should work. Depends on the audience.

Reactions: Avocado

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
You have to. When you first become a content creator you tend to do it mostly for fun. But once you start trying to grow the channel the creation tends to become a job that if you don't make sure to still enjoy can actually become an annoyance. That's why you have to take breaks to allow the brain to relax, clear the clutter of past projects and allow for new ideas to flow freely while your brain recharges. I do this even when I'm just gaming. I get off the PC for a few days just to let my hands and eyes catch a break.

KIDisMe

nkri.one
Subscriber Goal
After about a year and a half, my family and I decided that it would be best to take summers off from making videos. So I don't burn out and can do more in life than just make videos.

I am worried though, this is my first time taking such a long break. I hope my fans all come back and I didn't loose any.
well, at the very least they will just forget about you.
But they will welcome you, when you're back.