• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube SEO I have just uploaded first video, on one of my other channels!

CyberSorcerer

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
masterfreelancer.online
Subscriber Goal
This is the strategy forum and that's what this first video is all about. Well probably more about testing, but still some strategy.

I have uploaded it with plenty of tags and keywords in the description and an exact match in the title. I did NOT do a thumbnail. I just let YouTube pick the thumbnail and go with that. Life as a YouTuber is all about test, test, test, and when you think you're done, test the test again to make sure. I will keep everyone posted here since this is the strategy forum. After all, we are all here to help each other, aren't we.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
You're not wrong. YouTube, like any business, is always a test. The pursuit for more subs and views, and eventually payday, should always have content creators testing new things to improve their content.

Reactions: CyberSorcerer
OP
OP
CyberSorcerer

CyberSorcerer

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
masterfreelancer.online
Subscriber Goal
Ok, my first report on this after the video being up for 48 hours. Remember this channel has NOTHING. This is literally the first video upload with no subs and no views. BUT, it did get 10 total impressions with 9 impressions on 'YouTube Search' and 1 channel page impression. It has a 10% click-through rate (10 total impressions with 1 click-through coming from the channel page).

Now how this channel page view came about. Again me experimenting. After uploading, knowing I had a video there at least and something to see, I started search for videos using my "best keyword" and finding videos where I could ad value to by commenting on. That's it. I DID NOT advertise my channel or anything. I just added an opinion to the video giving some advice. Basically adding VALUE in my comment to others who take the time to read them. That is ALL i did, as far as marketing "if you want to call it that."

So, these comment are what produced the channel views and out of those impressions to the channel one clicked the video. The average watch time was 0.36 (which was expected because I have a cheap mic for one). So, improving my sound quality and providing a good thumbnail will probably help.

Remember the video itself got 9 impressions on 'YouTube Search' with 1 view. And the 1 view coming from the "comment" channel view. So, all those '9' views on YouTube (that seen a stock generated thumbnail basically) with no text or anything really didn't grab anyone's attention. Even though the title had "FREE SECURITY TRAINING ON YOUTUBE BUG BOUNTY HUNTING". Now, some afterthought analysis. I probably could have phrased that better because it's NOT a video on YOUTUBE's bug bounty but a video on "Bug Bounty Hunting". What I actually meant was the training was going to be FREE on YouTube. But, being in a hurry because the video is 49 minutes long and on the first upload, YouTube said I was restricted to 15 minutes or less because the channel wasn't verified yet. So I had to verify the channel and then upload the video AGAIN and fill out all the info AGAIN!

So, yes there were some lessons learned here. One needing a good thumbnail "WHICH WE ALL HERE SHOULD KNOW" but it's always nice to test just to convince yourself. And ALWAYS, ALWAYS go back and proofread before publishing.

So another question could be, REMEMBER, ALWAYS BE ANALYSING EVERYTHING, how come there were no clicks on it at least because it was offering FREE security training and especially on BUG BOUNTY HUNTING which is a good topic at the current moment? Well, it's because of the thumbnail. ALWAYS think about how YOUR surf YouTube! When I surf, at least, I skim down the page usually looking at thumbnails FIRST and it's only AFTER one catches my eye that I even look at the video title. And I assume that's what happens to his video. The thumbnail didn't catch anyone's attention because it blended in so NO ONE even read the title or seen the word FREE.

So people, get to creating GREAT thumbnails, proofread after you finish the first draft, and keep an eye on your stats for the first 48 hours because I believe those first 2 days REALLY MATTER according to YouTube algorithm. Because it needs to decide quickly what it wants to do with your video and how it wants to present it "if at all".

Reactions: vaibhavdigital