• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Review A bit lost at this stage and need help

esolarious

User name: esolarious
Title of thread: A bit lost at this stage and need help
Self review: I started my channel around 10 months ago, its for English language learners. I have been an English teacher for almost 20 years and wanted to bring my approach of teaching English, which is all about fun and passion to YouTube and of course share it with a much wider audience. So I try to use the exact same approach when creating and posting my videos. I try to fill them with funny moments, share my passion and of course add a lot of value to each video. I have uploaded 37 videos so far and tried various different things including lessons, reaction videos, some (bad) acting, film/TV clips and even a review. I feel I'm putting in a lot of effort but struggling to get more views and high viewer retention. I get plenty of good feedback from my students and other teachers but it does not seem to translate into more views, subscribers and so on. I know I need to be more patient and keep going but I'm bit lost at this stage as to what exactly to focus on in order to grow my channel. I would really love some feedback and suggestions.
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCarVBJO2mIE7xi_wt-nF0Ag
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/43737/

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
First and foremost let me show you something...
1630244653496.png

This is my channel performance for the past 30 days versus yours. I am pulling a little over three times the amount of views that you are.

I have over 4,000 subscribers and not to toot my own horn but I make some pretty awesome videos lol.

What you are doing is working. You are doing it right, but there is an important lesson to be learned here. It doesn't really matter how many views or subscribers you get along the way, it is never going to be enough. You are always going to feel like this. You are always going to feel like you aren't gaining enough or growing fast enough. Imagine how you felt when you hit subscriber number 25. You probably had 1,000 views total and only 25 subs, remember how that felt? Imagine if the next day that version of you suddenly had nearly 400 subscribers and was pulling 3,000 views per month. How would they feel? Would that have changed how you feel right now at this very moment?

There is nothing wrong with this, but you need to be aware that this is what is going on. You are performing well, and rather than getting caught up in the things that are dragging you down focus on the positives and use them to motivate you to new heights. Keep pushing, keep working and keep improving. You may want to tweak some things like your subscribe CTA, but all in all you should be very proud of how well you are doing.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
First and foremost let me show you something...
View attachment 10800

This is my channel performance for the past 30 days versus yours. I am pulling a little over three times the amount of views that you are.

I have over 4,000 subscribers and not to toot my own horn but I make some pretty awesome videos lol.

What you are doing is working. You are doing it right, but there is an important lesson to be learned here. It doesn't really matter how many views or subscribers you get along the way, it is never going to be enough. You are always going to feel like this. You are always going to feel like you aren't gaining enough or growing fast enough. Imagine how you felt when you hit subscriber number 25. You probably had 1,000 views total and only 25 subs, remember how that felt? Imagine if the next day that version of you suddenly had nearly 400 subscribers and was pulling 3,000 views per month. How would they feel? Would that have changed how you feel right now at this very moment?

There is nothing wrong with this, but you need to be aware that this is what is going on. You are performing well, and rather than getting caught up in the things that are dragging you down focus on the positives and use them to motivate you to new heights. Keep pushing, keep working and keep improving. You may want to tweak some things like your subscribe CTA, but all in all you should be very proud of how well you are doing.

sanja_psychologist

Subscriber Goal
User name: esolarious
Title of thread: A bit lost at this stage and need help
Self review: I started my channel around 10 months ago, its for English language learners. I have been an English teacher for almost 20 years and wanted to bring my approach of teaching English, which is all about fun and passion to YouTube and of course share it with a much wider audience. So I try to use the exact same approach when creating and posting my videos. I try to fill them with funny moments, share my passion and of course add a lot of value to each video. I have uploaded 37 videos so far and tried various different things including lessons, reaction videos, some (bad) acting, film/TV clips and even a review. I feel I'm putting in a lot of effort but struggling to get more views and high viewer retention. I get plenty of good feedback from my students and other teachers but it does not seem to translate into more views, subscribers and so on. I know I need to be more patient and keep going but I'm bit lost at this stage as to what exactly to focus on in order to grow my channel. I would really love some feedback and suggestions.
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCarVBJO2mIE7xi_wt-nF0Ag
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/43737/

I think you channel is really educational and intresting way to learn english. My suggestion is to brand thumbnails - make them all visually similar so your channel become recognizable. I also learned that focusing on good audio is the most important (besides storytelling in videos). I hope this will help.