• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips Create 100 videos BEFORE analyzing ANYTHING!

CyberSorcerer

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
masterfreelancer.online
Subscriber Goal
I know all the new people to YouTube are all worried about their channel growing and all and you start asking questions and people tell you to first get 100 videos uploaded. This is because you NEED DATA and lots of it. I was turned onto a new tool by @Stanley Orchard yesterday "I love tools that help me" called 'MorningFame' which basically does a channel audit for you giving you recommendations etc. BUT guess what? It asks you a question "Is Your Channel Growing" and it will collect data and give you suggestions. But the first requirements if "Have 100+ views on your channel", and "Use MorningFame for 2 weeks so it collects enough data" and "Your publish3 videos" this is so it can analyze how YouTube is shuffling and placing videos from your channel into results, recommended, etc. This is probably done by VPH (Views Per Hou) because they need to analyzeQUICKLY how good/or bad your video is performing against your competition so it can be placed correctly.

It can't do this analyzing with just one or two videos. It could but it probably wouldn't be very accurate. Now they do have enough confidence in their algorithm to say give us '3' videos and that's something at least we can work with. But obviously, just like in sports betting, the more numbers, statistics, etc that you have the better picture you're able to paint.

Remember you're running a business and hopefully doing something you love. But it doesn't come without some work, sweat, struggles, problem-solving, etc. So get to it! LOL

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Even YouTube does this... well I mean really everybody does. But you don't gain access to the audience retention graphs until you actually have data pertaining to your audience. And no, ten views is not enough data to reflect when your audience likes to watch your videos. 1,000 views is not enough data to support a statistic like that.

Reactions: CatchingDonks

c0nefn

I know all the new people to YouTube are all worried about their channel growing and all and you start asking questions and people tell you to first get 100 videos uploaded. This is because you NEED DATA and lots of it. I was turned onto a new tool by @Stanley Orchard yesterday "I love tools that help me" called 'MorningFame' which basically does a channel audit for you giving you recommendations etc. BUT guess what? It asks you a question "Is Your Channel Growing" and it will collect data and give you suggestions. But the first requirements if "Have 100+ views on your channel", and "Use MorningFame for 2 weeks so it collects enough data" and "Your publish3 videos" this is so it can analyze how YouTube is shuffling and placing videos from your channel into results, recommended, etc. This is probably done by VPH (Views Per Hou) because they need to analyzeQUICKLY how good/or bad your video is performing against your competition so it can be placed correctly.

It can't do this analyzing with just one or two videos. It could but it probably wouldn't be very accurate. Now they do have enough confidence in their algorithm to say give us '3' videos and that's something at least we can work with. But obviously, just like in sports betting, the more numbers, statistics, etc that you have the better picture you're able to paint.

Remember you're running a business and hopefully doing something you love. But it doesn't come without some work, sweat, struggles, problem-solving, etc. So get to it! LOL
*a few months later*
*analyzes data*