• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Memberships Not Available

SwishWilly

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi All!!

I am so grateful as I officially got approved to be in the YouTube Partner Program! I was hoping to be able to turn on memberships shortly but noticed that it's not an option in the Monetization tab. I have a couple of questions regarding what may be the reason:

1. Do you have to be monetized for a certain amount of time before it becomes an option?
  2. I do have some copyrighted content on my channel, which could be the issue. If this is the case, does anyone know off-hand what the max amount of copyrighted content you can have in order to qualify?
  3. Can you still be accepted into the YouTube Partner Program even if you are ineligible for memberships off the jump?
Thanks so much in advance everyone :)

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
According to the link below one of the requirements is to be in YTPP. There is also mention of ineligible videos. Not sure if that would mean copyrighted. As for the third one being in the YTPP is a requirement which means it's separate from membership thus you don't need to have membership active to be in the YTPP. You also have to take into account that it doesn't get activated immediately as per the link below. Just check it out. it's got all the details you need.