• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question What's the correlation of subscriber number and total videos uploaded?

xtamsia

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I have just started my youtube channel again, this time with more serious mindset... and planning to be more consistent..
Does more videos uploaded makes youtube algorithm expose your channel's video more frequently?

and whats the usual number of videos needed to be made for 1000 subs and 4000 view hours?

Thanks

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Let me start by saying that there is no secret formula or magic trick to get subs or views. It takes good content and time to reach the goals you seek. The more you upload the better the algorithm gets to know your channel and share the content to the proper viewers. But like I said, it takes time. And when I say time I mean most YouTube Pros recommend at least 100 videos in your first year just so the YouTube algorithm can get a decent understanding of what your content is about. So if you're looking to grow overnight that's not likely to happen unless you get lucky with a viral video and somehow manage to maintain the fame flowing. But that's easier said than done. Most popular channels started slow and took a long time to grow.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I forget how many videos the average YouTuber makes before hitting YPP (the 1k/4k club). I want to say it was somewhere around 100 or 125 (of course this is an average across platform and not really a standard to hold your channel to). I believe the average channel with 100,000 subscribers has 400 videos and the average channel with 1,000,000 subscribers has 1,200 videos for reference. Again, these are platform averages and not meant to be a weathervane for success.

Reactions: Damon

Sumi Kakati

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi there! Speaking from my personal experience I think thereΓÇÖs no such rule of uploading a fixed number of videos to get 1000 subs and 4000 watch hours. Because thankfully my channel got monetised within 4 months 10 days (approx) time with just 15 videos.
Just donΓÇÖt stop making videos. Keep going on and upload regularly. My Best Wishes to you.

Reactions: Damon