• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Review I bet you will not regret to review

The Decent Coder

User name: The Decent Coder
Title of thread: I bet you will not regret to review
Self review: This is my Technology channel in which i post content related to cybersecurity and Pentesting. I recently uploaded some videos for which I started getting Community Guidelines Strike. Although I preferred maximum optimization and the videos were also only for educational purposes.But still this gets me with problems from time to time. Can any one of you pls guide me through the procedures making similar sort of content on their channel. Also pls review the quality of the content being provided.
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/thedecentcoder
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/43137/post-138905

Reactions: Samar Roy

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I absolutely do not reviewing this! Ok, so here is my two-cents: for starters, you have a fantastic personality. That is above and beyond your best feature and it needs to be. Lean heavily into that personality. People are going to search for and click on your videos because of your knowledge and the quality of your video/information and how pretty that thumbnail looks... but they are going to subscribe because of your personality. Your authority with your topic is important, and I like that you have a deep and thorough understanding of what you are talking about. You did not appear to be winging it; you spoke with confidence and examples and this is important for your viewers. So kudos there.

So let's talk about those cut scenes. They are not working for you, at least in their present iteration. I love the sense of humor and I really appreciate that you are trying to keep things interesting. For these purposes these clips are really working well for you and I encourage you to maintain that style. But if you are getting any sort of claim or strike for these then you need to immediately revisit your approach. Either find a site that offers stock footage for free or bite the bullet and pay for a subscription to some service which allows the use of stock footage. Your channel is just way too small to be dealing with strikes/claims and at this point in your journey you really do not want to be going down the hole of trying to figure out and utilize Fair Use for these clips. You can do it... but I warn that doing so is going to be a very painful process for many years before it starts working for you (see the YouTube Ian Corzine for more information on Fair Use). It's just too easy to either find stock footage or collect clips from the Creative Commons... even YouTube offers Creative Commons footage. I would advise to be careful about that though, as YouTube Creative Commons doesn't necessarily mean that the user who uploaded the clip followed the rules and you can still get a strike because of them if they did not. Strikes are a big deal. They are going to affect you years down the road if you don't get that stuff fixed now.

I like that your most recent video has a 100% SEO Score, but I am not liking the keyword phrases that you targeted. All of them are poor; some have low volume and some have high competition but either way you are not topping the ranks and your 100% SEO Score isn't doing anything for you. I highly suggest spending more time researching the phrases that people would type when looking for information on these topics and finding better terms for your tags. It would go a long way towards creating a foundation of constant views year after year.

Reactions: The Decent Coder
OP
OP
The Decent Coder

The Decent Coder

I absolutely do not reviewing this! Ok, so here is my two-cents: for starters, you have a fantastic personality. That is above and beyond your best feature and it needs to be. Lean heavily into that personality. People are going to search for and click on your videos because of your knowledge and the quality of your video/information and how pretty that thumbnail looks... but they are going to subscribe because of your personality. Your authority with your topic is important, and I like that you have a deep and thorough understanding of what you are talking about. You did not appear to be winging it; you spoke with confidence and examples and this is important for your viewers. So kudos there.

So let's talk about those cut scenes. They are not working for you, at least in their present iteration. I love the sense of humor and I really appreciate that you are trying to keep things interesting. For these purposes these clips are really working well for you and I encourage you to maintain that style. But if you are getting any sort of claim or strike for these then you need to immediately revisit your approach. Either find a site that offers stock footage for free or bite the bullet and pay for a subscription to some service which allows the use of stock footage. Your channel is just way too small to be dealing with strikes/claims and at this point in your journey you really do not want to be going down the hole of trying to figure out and utilize Fair Use for these clips. You can do it... but I warn that doing so is going to be a very painful process for many years before it starts working for you (see the YouTube Ian Corzine for more information on Fair Use). It's just too easy to either find stock footage or collect clips from the Creative Commons... even YouTube offers Creative Commons footage. I would advise to be careful about that though, as YouTube Creative Commons doesn't necessarily mean that the user who uploaded the clip followed the rules and you can still get a strike because of them if they did not. Strikes are a big deal. They are going to affect you years down the road if you don't get that stuff fixed now.

I like that your most recent video has a 100% SEO Score, but I am not liking the keyword phrases that you targeted. All of them are poor; some have low volume and some have high competition but either way you are not topping the ranks and your 100% SEO Score isn't doing anything for you. I highly suggest spending more time researching the phrases that people would type when looking for information on these topics and finding better terms for your tags. It would go a long way towards creating a foundation of constant views year after year.
Thanks for your response Stanley.But actually the thing is that I am getting Community Guidelines Strikes which is mainly because of the Cybersecurity tutorials I am providing. Is there any way I can share my knowledge with people on YouTube without getting those strikes.

CyberSorcerer

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
masterfreelancer.online
Subscriber Goal
Well YOUR channel is right up my alley because I'm a Security Researcher myself for the past 20+ years. Your humor and video editing are pretty spots on in my opinion. Love the editing. And @Stanley Orchard is right, your personality is what you have to build on. Your thumbnails again are very nice. On some of them though you might want to watch the amount of text and stuff on the original image. I know Facebook is very picky about the percentage of text on a thumbnail for an ad. I'm not totally sure about how YouTube (or Google) feels about it though. There are some channels that do create with it and others that don't. So, as usual with YouTube "it depends" probably on your analytics, retention, CTR, etc coupled with your thumbnails. If you're getting clicks and retaining your visitors then that's a winning combination.

As far as the YouTube community strikes I have dealt with that myself. I'll digress here a little so you understand. As my channel name shows, I have a bet with a Billionaire about becoming one before 2033. He is a friend of mine, but he found out about me through one of the videos I made about tracking billionaires. I created an AI scrapper that scraps the internet looking for pictures of private jets owned by UHNW (Ultra High Net Worth) individuals so I could track them where ever they went in the world. There's a lot more to this because there are airplane lovers who love taking photos of famous aircraft landing at the local airport. And naturally, their clubs, groups, etc are pretty big in all the popular airports that Billionaires, or even multi-millionaires or even CEOs would fly to or vacation at. They post these pictures on the internet so if you know where to look you can find them. Now, this is absolutely nothing new. There are large Hedge funds that track billionaires jets and yachts all over the world. It's just I found a niche that wasn't addressed because most of the public tracking sites for private jets (such as flightradar24.com) allows them to list their plane as private so it doesn't show owner information. But using my methods it totally had no security involved because the photos were up on public airplane fan photo sites.

That was probably too long of a digress but was just trying to offer some context to your situation. Yes, my video was eventually deleted but he found out about me through that video and wanted to meet and talk to me about Cybersecurity in the world today because of my 20+ years of experience. I knew he wanted to pick my brain, being an opportunist, but it actually worked out because we have friends now. So, yes anything having to do with hacking, pen-testing, etc you have to watch what you do, say, and show. Like if you going to do a video on reverse engineering, or cracking a piece of software, make sure you use a crackme instead of an actual piece of software. I feel that's obvious but I had to mention it just in case.

Hope my LONG post was helpful a little. Was just wanted to add a little bit to Stanley's review.

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

sudin barakatak

TubeBuddy User
Sorry friends, I have to be honest in my assessment...I saw some of your videos.
1. to be honest your video display is not interesting (sorry). although maybe what you say is very useful. maybe you should make it more interesting. in terms of appearance.

2. I think you should give an explanation in your video. (in the form of sound, not only writing). detailed explanation but delivered in a simple and easy to understand.

Sorry friends, I'm just trying to provide input. Honestly, no offense intended. I hope you understand my good intentions. continue to be passionate about imparting knowledge to many people.
sorry...

OP
OP
The Decent Coder

The Decent Coder

Sorry friends, I have to be honest in my assessment...I saw some of your videos.
1. to be honest your video display is not interesting (sorry). although maybe what you say is very useful. maybe you should make it more interesting. in terms of appearance.

2. I think you should give an explanation in your video. (in the form of sound, not only writing). detailed explanation but delivered in a simple and easy to understand.

Sorry friends, I'm just trying to provide input. Honestly, no offense intended. I hope you understand my good intentions. continue to be passionate about imparting knowledge to many people.
sorry...
I know it better actually the thing is you have not seen my all videos yet, because I have made them private since I got two community guidelines strike continuosly for making content on ethical hacking. Hence I can expect someone judging my videos, because these are the ones created when I was totally new.