• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question WORKING STRATEGY TO GROW CHANNELS

chrisuchiim

Please guys, i am writing to possibly get an advice or helpful tips (Experienced Youtuber) to grow my YouTube shorts channel in health niche before the end of this year.

I am paid tubebuddy user, i guess this tool is amazing but am not getting much views.

You know that it is somewhat discouraging when you have applied everything you have learnt or being told but not getting a good result, but, i will continue what am doing till the end of this year to possibly get the account monetized

So, i wish to humbly request an advice to grow my channel, maybe reviewing what i have done so far, especially the key metrics for ranking and getting good views on YouTube: thumbnail, tags, title, description etc.

This is my channel:

God bless you more as you share some helpful tips.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Listen to @Damon his advice is very good when it comes to building a successful channel on YouTube.

On a more personal note what made the most difference for my channel was niching down. I have a gaming channel, that's a very competitive niche and I was making videos for a huge very popular game. As a smaller channel it was impossible for my videos to show up at the top of the search results competing against channels with hundreds of thousands of subscribers if not millions that where doing the same thing.

So I tried doing videos for a smaller game, but even with less competition it was very hard for my channel with 100 subs to compete with channels with 40-60k subs in the top of the search results. So I decided to niche down even further, instead of doing let's plays that all the other channels where doing I decided to try making tutorials, which barely any of the other channels inside of the niche were doing. This is where my channel started to pick up. I'm still a small channel but finally I was able to compete for the top spots in the search results and I started to get 5-100k views on the more popular guides with a few even breaking 100k and one of them is almost at 200k. Then some of the traffic from does videos would spill over to my other content like let's plays.

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Please, what is the recommended duration for the long videos?

The recommended duration is the duration for where you have enough content to make a great quality video. If you have content for a fantastic 6 min video do a fantastic 6 min video don't stretch it out so your fantastic 6 min video becomes a mediocre 8 min video. It's completely fine if your videos vary in length as long as they are the perfect length for each video. Some can be 4 min, some can be, 8 min, some can be 12 min and some can be 30 min as long as you have the content for a quality video of that length.