• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Why do I suddenly loose 8 subscribers.. again?

Nordic by Nature

Subscriber Goal
I gained like 8 new subscribers the last 3 days. Which is not a lot, but for me it is.

And suddenly I loose 8 in an hour. Can someone explain why that is?

It's also not the first time it happens.

I feel bad, because it not easy for me to get new subscribers. The algorithm is against small YouTubers.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I know what it's like to be a new YouTuber and watching your subs go up and get excited only to watch them go back down and be disappointed. But the reality is you shouldn't be concerned with your subs and instead focus on your views. In the end, views are the hardest thing to get on YouTube and it's the one thing that will get you paid once you're monetized. The number of subs won't matter much beyond how ppl see your channel. Focus on views, which also means focus on the content. Check your analytics to see what works and what doesn't and adjust accordingly.

OP
OP
Nordic by Nature

Nordic by Nature

Subscriber Goal
I understand it could be bots. It could also be the people in the same kind of niche I do, but they subscribe to me without watching a video, and then YouTube removes them as spam.
I get it. Don't focus on the subscriber numbers. Just make better content. Sure.

The thing is. In my niche. Virtual Tours. I'm a bit in a personal conflict with my own ethics.

I make all kinds of videos with various content. City walks, beach walks, nature walks, bike rides, boat rides. Videos with horses, videos with US cars. Sand sculpture festival, Danish castles and their gardens etc
And then there is a guy in Copenhagen (Our capital) who also makes virtual walks. He recently made a 10 min. video from a beach where he show young girls asses on the beach, really focusing on them, getting 50k views in 3 days! - Personally I don't want to put random young woman out there like that. For me its disgusting to do that. But he sure as hell get crazy many views from these kind of videos.

So should I start to do these kind of videos? I will defiantly get more sub and views. But is that really what I want?

Next weekend, there's is the world biggest Pride parade LGBTQ in Copenhagen. Its gonna be one hell of a party, and I really want to make a cool video of this event. But I'm afraid I will loose a lot of subscribers or the video will get a lot of downvotes and bad comments. Because a lot of people are not so openminded as we are here in Denmark. Should I care? -or just make a cool colourful video, to add to my ever growing repertoire.

Sorry for my rant. I just needed to vent a bit but seriously...

TheShihTzuFamily

Recognized Member
I understand it could be bots. It could also be the people in the same kind of niche I do, but they subscribe to me without watching a video, and then YouTube removes them as spam.
I get it. Don't focus on the subscriber numbers. Just make better content. Sure.

The thing is. In my niche. Virtual Tours. I'm a bit in a personal conflict with my own ethics.

I make all kinds of videos with various content. City walks, beach walks, nature walks, bike rides, boat rides. Videos with horses, videos with US cars. Sand sculpture festival, Danish castles and their gardens etc
And then there is a guy in Copenhagen (Our capital) who also makes virtual walks. He recently made a 10 min. video from a beach where he show young girls asses on the beach, really focusing on them, getting 50k views in 3 days! - Personally I don't want to put random young woman out there like that. For me its disgusting to do that. But he sure as hell get crazy many views from these kind of videos.

So should I start to do these kind of videos? I will defiantly get more sub and views. But is that really what I want?

Next weekend, there's is the world biggest Pride parade LGBTQ in Copenhagen. Its gonna be one hell of a party, and I really want to make a cool video of this event. But I'm afraid I will loose a lot of subscribers or the video will get a lot of downvotes and bad comments. Because a lot of people are not so openminded as we are here in Denmark. Should I care? -or just make a cool colourful video, to add to my ever growing repertoire.

Sorry for my rant. I just needed to vent a bit but seriously...
It your channel do what u need to do and have ALOT of fun doing it my friend! also remember YouTube u need a lot of patience without that u not going to make it