• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered Historical Data on Video Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

GabiOrigami

Does anyone know if there's a place where I can go to get data on how YouTube videos have historically performed over time? I'd ideally love to analyze a lot of data to figure out how views grow and then decline over time for different types of videos. Not sure if this exists somewhere or if there's companies out there that I could buy this from? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

KS Moto Cafe

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
Are you talking about your own videos? If so, youtube studios has "analytics" for each video that shows the details you are looking for and you can set the timeline as well. It is better viewed on desktop but the YT Studios App is good enough to get an idea how each video is doing. If you want the data for another channel's video, that IDK.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I think Roberto Blake has done a couple videos on this subject, though it has been a while since I reviewed them myself. It's hard to get a straight data-set on something like this because there are so many variables and because every video and every channel and every topic/niche/query will produce wildly different results. It is true that a video has a life span; they will grow until the audience for that topic has either moved on to a newer video or is no longer interested in the topic and then it will begin to die off. It can always be revived though; all it takes is for one article in the news to cause a spike in traffic to a search term that your video dominates and it will take off. I've seen that happen LOT over the past five years, and I have even been able to capitalize on this with some degree of success. A perfect example of this would be to start making How-To videos for 2022 topics now so that when people start to search them you will already be dominating the search ranks.

Reactions: KS Moto Cafe
Status
Not open for further replies.