• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered Yet another annoying "how do I regain access" question ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrea Forcer

Hello everyone,

I'm brand new here. I'm not a serious YouTuber; just someone who posts videos for family and friends. I've lost access to an account that I shouldn't have lost access to. The account in question is tied to an old ISP email address that I no longer have access to. However, the recovery email address is my current Gmail address, I remember my account password, and can answer security questions. YouTube isn't letting me in because it's been a while (like at least six months, maybe longer) since I last signed in. So it wants to send me a confirmation code. Which it will only send to the old ISP address, not my recovery address. I can find no way to prompt YouTube to send to the recovery address or to present me with my security questions. So I appear to be locked out for good. If there's a workaround, I'd sure love to know.

Thanks,
Andrea

The locked account has the user name "vita64".

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I am afraid I have no experience on this one. I'll leave the thread open to see if anyone has an answer, but in the meantime I suggest trying to get in touch with YouTube via Twitter (@teamyoutube). It seems to be the most efficient way to do so.

OP
OP
A

Andrea Forcer

I am afraid I have no experience on this one. I'll leave the thread open to see if anyone has an answer, but in the meantime I suggest trying to get in touch with YouTube via Twitter (@teamyoutube). It seems to be the most efficient way to do so.

Thanks. I hadn't tried that yet. Will report back if I have any success.

Status
Not open for further replies.