• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice is there a legal way to get the 4000 hours ?

VikaBoo

Hello all
im just wondering if there is any way to get the 4000 h in legal way
im now at 1700 hours and i dont think that im gonna make it this year to 4000
i dont know what im doing wrong
i cant understand the SEO thing and how to get advantage by using TubeBudy

i really read about it many time but its just not that easy to me
forgive me about the language cause English is not my first language
Thank you all

Reactions: KIDisMe

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Hi! Richard can you please take look at my channel? I'm at 3,000+ watch hour but it seems to be going down. I don't quite understand why. Thanks.
YouTube requires 4,000 hours of watch time in the past 12 months. So after one year every day that passes you lose the watch time that was gained 366 days ago.

Reactions: Damon

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I took a look at your channel and it looks like you have a firm grasp on making good quality content. But I will say your videos are not getting nearly the views that I would expect. It appears to me that the reason is because of your lack of SEO; you aren't ranking for anything. And that is a shame consider the several very successful videos you have had this month alone.

The purpose of SEO is to cater your video specifically for Search so that anyone searching for Horizon: Zero Dawn or PUBG can find you. Obviously those terms are very saturated, so the art in SEO is finding the other things people type in order to get your video in front of them. When done effectively what happens is that your entire library of videos sits on top of the search ranks for various terms, which causes views to come in continuously over the course of years. This builds a foundation of views for your channel... and will much improve your ability to hit that 4k watch time metric.

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I took a look at your channel and it looks like you have a firm grasp on making good quality content. But I will say your videos are not getting nearly the views that I would expect. It appears to me that the reason is because of your lack of SEO; you aren't ranking for anything. And that is a shame consider the several very successful videos you have had this month alone.

The purpose of SEO is to cater your video specifically for Search so that anyone searching for Horizon: Zero Dawn or PUBG can find you. Obviously those terms are very saturated, so the art in SEO is finding the other things people type in order to get your video in front of them. When done effectively what happens is that your entire library of videos sits on top of the search ranks for various terms, which causes views to come in continuously over the course of years. This builds a foundation of views for your channel... and will much improve your ability to hit that 4k watch time metric.
Hi! Richard can you please take look at my channel? I'm at 3,000+ watch hour but it seems to be going down. I don't quite understand why. Thanks.

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Hello all

Thank you all
Just as advised by @richard, work on your SEO for more viewers to visit your channel.

• Sad
Reactions: MD Shakib
OP
OP
VikaBoo

VikaBoo

thank you very much

you know that it take for 1 video around 4-6 hours of filming and editing
and then i waste every thing because of the SEO
i tried really hard but i couldn't get any progress
im not sure if "TubeBuddy" tools could help
i tried to use it and it gave me a good results for my keywords
but still cant get the views
im really stuck and i don't know what to do

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
thank you very much

you know that it take for 1 video around 4-6 hours of filming and editing
and then i waste every thing because of the SEO
i tried really hard but i couldn't get any progress
im not sure if "TubeBuddy" tools could help
i tried to use it and it gave me a good results for my keywords
but still cant get the views
im really stuck and i don't know what to do
The TubeBuddy tools can absolutely help... but you are going to take that 4-6 hours of filming and editing and likely add 1-2 hours for SEO research and implementation. I probably spend closer to 3-4 hours for this and translations/promotion after I upload a video. But the extra time is worth it; I have a ton of videos which are 3+ years old which still collect 10+ views per day. Do that over the course of 500 videos and you are going to have a library of evergreen content producing daily views for years on end.

• Love

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
@Stanley Orchard is spot on, as they say across the pond. Let's do the math. Say you do all the SEO and promotions as described above. Let's say all you get for all that work is an extra 10 views a day for each video. Well . . .

10 views per day * 1,000 videos = 10,000 views per day

10,000 views per day * 365 days = 3.65 million view per year

3.65 million views per year * 10 years = 36.5 billion views

The way to get more views, sheer quantity of content produced according to all the known best practices. Translation: You need an order of magnitude more content on your channel.

Last edited:

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
And this does not even take into account any channel growth at all. Because growth comes in waves and is often far more exponential than it is linear that 36.5 million views is the absolute low end for a channel that doesn't grow at all. All you gotta do is get to that 1,000 video mark. Get on it!

• Love

KIDisMe

nkri.one
Subscriber Goal
Hello all

Thank you all
In My Opinion, there are way too many Gaming Channel, so when the viewer saw something they deemed ordinary, they gone.
your Intro video is good.

Just my suggestion: you should make something different, like wearing your game character's item maybe can help the viewers to stay.

KIDisMe

nkri.one
Subscriber Goal
@Stanley Orchard is spot on, as they say across the pond. Let's do the math. Say you do all the SEO and promotions as described above. Let's say all you get for all that work is an extra 10 views a day for each video. Well . . .

10 views per day * 1,000 videos = 10,000 views per day

10,000 views per day * 365 days = 3.65 million view per year

3.65 million views per year * 10 years = 36.5 billion views

The way to get more views, sheer quantity of content produced according to all the known best practices. Translation: You need an order of magnitude more content on your channel.
1000 videos? wow
even if I post a video daily, it would take 3 years to accomplish.

KIDisMe

nkri.one
Subscriber Goal
When first starting YouTube, my goal was to produce 1,000 videos over ten years. You must think long term with YouTube. If you don't you won't last long.
oo, 10 years, I thought it should be in 1000 videos 1 year. My glasser could get thicker if that is the case.

KIDisMe

nkri.one
Subscriber Goal
Then you need to aim for six years of doing that. Tie up them bootstraps and get to work! #MakeGreatThings
Well I thought my 234 already uploaded videos on YouTube was too many compared to other normal people's channels, so I'm slowing it down, by patiently upload only 1 video or 2 videos daily,
because "they" said that you shouldn't bombarded your subscribers with many new videos.

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Well I thought my 234 already uploaded videos on YouTube was too many compared to other normal people's channels, so I'm slowing it down, by patiently upload only 1 video or 2 videos daily,
because "they" said that you shouldn't bombarded your subscribers with many new videos.
That sounds like a solid plan! Wish I could put out as many... I don't think my skin could handle that much sun! (I spend a lot of time in the sun lol)

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
well, that's fishing is all about, being patient and burned by the sun is a given if you love fishing.

Well, it's a health concern. As fishermen we are expose to skin cancer causing uv-rays all the time. Plus there is the threat of heat stroke in the summer and hypothermia amid winter. It'd be a threat to your health to try and produce one fishing video per day. So, our content is produced at a much slower rate compared to a gaming channel for instance.

It's much like a mountain climber. That mountain doesn't take to kindly to people climbing all over it's face, plus altitude sickness, and they have uv problem being that high on the mountain in such thin air. The health risk for a outdoors channel is significantly higher the more content we output.

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Well, it's a health concern. As fishermen we are expose to skin cancer causing uv-rays all the time. Plus there is the threat of heat stroke in the summer and hypothermia amid winter. It'd be a threat to your health to try and produce one fishing video per day. So, our content is produced at a much slower rate compared to a gaming channel for instance.

It's much like a mountain climber. That mountain doesn't take to kindly to people climbing all over it's face, plus altitude sickness, and they have uv problem being that high on the mountain in such thin air. The health risk for a outdoors channel is significantly higher the more content we output.
Well said... and not one of the things you typically think about when it comes to what is happening behind the scenes for a channel. Had a bout with heat stroke just the other day in fact, ruined me on what was the best fishing trip of the year. I suffered through and I kept filming... but damn that took the wind out of my sails.

• Wow