• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Age restriction

on a dark night

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I've searched the forum but I cannot find an answer to this , I apologise if it's been posted already.
Today i recieved an email from YouTube about one of my videos , it has been age restricted and the email also states my channel cannot be monetized.
There is a warning on the vid but it does show a graphic photo (it's a true crime episode).
I've not touched my channel for months for various reasons but I'm working on changing it and whilst I'm nowhere near getting enough views for monetization, who knows in the future .
My question is can I now get rid of the age restriction and the email says my CHANNEL (not video) will not be able to contain ads .
Have they worded it wrong or is my whole channel now barred from ever receiving monies .

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Once you meet the requirements for monetization, it is reviewed by a human. They will most likely see the note relating to the specific video in question. It is impossible to tell what decision that person might make around your eligibility, but you will have the chance to appeal and explain the circumstance if you are no approved.

I suspect the warning is a general one.

Reactions: on a dark night