• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Tech video: Giving a tour of a motherboard BIOS

MiddleofKnowhere

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
We don't often need to go into a PC BIOS, but when we do it can look pretty intimidating. In this video I just try to give a tour of a particular motherboard's BIOS, ROG Strix B550-F Gaming BIOS and also do a BIOS Flashback (Updating it without a CPU or RAM or anything installed--it's easier than you might think). By no means is it an overclocking guide, just a tour and also I provide instructions on how to set up 3 key things one might need to do in the BIOS after building a new PC. The neat thing is, the BIOS for this motherboard will look similar to other boards from that company or the line-up.

I don't have a way to record directly from the BIOS atm, so it's my camera pointing at the monitor. I hope to have a dual PC set up one day where I can use a device I have to screen capture the BIOS that I'm looking at. Also, I realize the initial footage is a bit shaky as neither my camera nor the lens I used has stabilization, but I hope to change that in the future by using a gimbal.

Anyway, thanks!

View: https://youtu.be/hGuj1V_nWjo

OP
OP
MiddleofKnowhere

MiddleofKnowhere

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
And yes, the title is directly inspired by the Colbert Report's segment, "Better know a district." :)