• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Youtube copyright

Apps

Recognized Member
m.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I received this email from youtube,should i have something to worry.

And whats the solution

Hi Magical life coding,

A copyright owner using Content ID claimed some material in your video.

This is not a copyright strike. This claim does not affect your account status.

There are either ads running on your video, with the revenue going to the copyright owner, or the copyright owner is receiving stats about your videoΓÇÖs views.

• Video title: Finding the largest number using if else if in java
  • Copyrighted content: The Drive [Track One Recordings]
  • Claimed by: NATOarts

Bears and Butters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
This is basically a notification saying that you're using someone's copyrighted music within your video.

You basically have a couple of options..

1.. You can choose to NOT dispute it, and forfeit all your adsense revenue on this video.
2. You can remove/replace the copyright music (which will usually show the timestamps of where the music is infringing from start to finish). This can sometimes be problematic if you have voiceovers and stuff in conjunction with the music being played.
3. You can dispute it (IF you are 100% certain you have permission from the artist/creator to use their music).

Those are basically the options. The thing to remember is that the artist has ultimate rights on their content.

It's basically not a good idea to use ANY music that you are not certain of the source, or have permission. Otherwise you may never be able to make any money off of any of your videos if they all get copyright notifications. So make sure to use permitted music. YouTube Audio Library has a lot of great music you can use, and it's free for use. Just make sure to pay attention if any specific tracks require "attribution".. which is somewhere in your description stating what they require in the attribute.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Subscriber Goal
Having the same issue. The songs come from Audio Hero which TubeBuddy subsribers have license to. Nothing in the forums to help with this issue... TubeBuddy isn't posting any help anywhere, that I've seen.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I have had issues with every music service I tried. I gave up and use YouTube music only. Background music is not an important part of my vids, so not a problem for me.

Bears and Butters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
You can try using music from artists like:

Ikson
DayFox
Roa Music
Healing Melodies
Scandinavianz

Those are just a couple... of music creators who allow you to use their music for free (WITH ATTRIBUTION). If you get a copyright strike from using any of these artists music, as long as you are following their stipulations to use their music... you can contest it, and they will make sure it gets released.

Hope that helps.