• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice How Expensive your Recording Setup?

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
Filming - I use my cell phone to film, so I do not count the expense of the phone. Currently on a Samsung A42 5G. It records 4k, but I use 1080.

Sound - I have a $20 lav mic for outdoor use (collar mic, plugs into phone). Indoors I use a Tonor mic (never heard of them - a $30 USB mic from Amazon). I have been very happy with the sound quality. Audacity is free and works well for recording and tweaking the sound.

Lights - Over the years I have probably spent about $100 on lights. I made my own green screen, and 2 reflective light holders, for under $20. I recently got 2 soft boxes with tripods, for about $20 each. Some $6 LED multi color strands, for fun. Got a ring light on tripod for about $15 but rarely use it after buying the soft boxes. I have all 4 main studio lights on wifi plugs, so Google home can turn them on & off with one voice command. Plugs were maybe $5 each.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I have a pretty nice cell phone and a collection of various cheap gimbals, tripods and mounts. I don't own a computer and phone aside I probably own maybe $700 worth of stuff that I have collected over 5 years. Some of that I was even to get donated by companies.

Reactions: venkygaming
OP
OP
venkygaming

venkygaming

Filming - I use my cell phone to film, so I do not count the expense of the phone. Currently on a Samsung A42 5G. It records 4k, but I use 1080.

Sound - I have a $20 lav mic for outdoor use (collar mic, plugs into phone). Indoors I use a Tonor mic (never heard of them - a $30 USB mic from Amazon). I have been very happy with the sound quality. Audacity is free and works well for recording and tweaking the sound.

Lights - Over the years I have probably spent about $100 on lights. I made my own green screen, and 2 reflective light holders, for under $20. I recently got 2 soft boxes with tripods, for about $20 each. Some $6 LED multi color strands, for fun. Got a ring light on tripod for about $15 but rarely use it after buying the soft boxes. I have all 4 main studio lights on wifi plugs, so Google home can turn them on & off with one voice command. Plugs were maybe $5 each.
sir thats really amazing! thanks for sharing :)

OP
OP
venkygaming

venkygaming

I have a pretty nice cell phone and a collection of various cheap gimbals, tripods and mounts. I don't own a computer and phone aside I probably own maybe $700 worth of stuff that I have collected over 5 years. Some of that I was even to get donated by companies.
hope you get all resources :)

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
hope you get all resources :)
I appreciate that... but I hope I don't. I don't want a big budget or new tools to learn. If I can manage to continue doing what I am doing with the near non-existent expense that I have maintained thus far and I can make it to the 100,000, 500,000 or more subscriber levels then I will be doing EXCEPTIONALLY well. Get me a camera person six times per year, a boat and a better house and I am good to go for the rest of my life.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
Oops. The 2 softboxes with tripods were $12 each, not $20. And I do have a $100 gimbal, that I forgot about. My new phone has such good stabilization built in that I rarely use the gimbal anymore. I use it more for trick shots, like simulating a drone.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Wow, seems like I get to be the one who brags the biggest here. I have about $2.5k worth of equipment from a $1500 Gaming PC to a $700 camera with multiple tripods and lighting sets.

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Dino93

TubeBuddy Pro
www.instagram.com
Subscriber Goal
Wow, seems like I get to be the one who brags the biggest here. I have about $2.5k worth of equipment from a $1500 Gaming PC to a $700 camera with multiple tripods and lighting sets.

I'm the same, spent a good but of money getting a really good gaming pc, pc accessories and then I invested in a new phone that can record in 4k with a 108MP camera :scream:

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
I have a pair of cinema cameras at $800 each, Ninja V recorder $500, Ninja 2 $200, vintage Canon FD lenses $300, lens filters about $100, Bechtec mic preamp $100, TASCAM DR60mkii audio recorder $200, pair of ATR 875R mics $200 each, monopod and tripod about $100 each, various lens mounts cages $300, AE Modular synth to compose the music for my channel $2,000, and my computer is, oh, about $1000 or $1500 or so. Don't forget the boats and boat engines, and other fishing equipment, that's several more thousand.

This is actually very cheap compared to what big filmmakers use. I want each fishing adventure to be like a Jacques Cousteau documentary. This was accumulated over time.