• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Seasonality Revenue change?

Magdelayna

Hi guys,as soon as July 1st came my revenue took like a 40% hit - is this normal for a new 'season'? I read somewhere that there can be drastic changes in seasonality for advertisers....

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I could not say whether that is what happened, though I have heard similar CPM issues from other creators. I can confirm however that there is a seasonality to CPM's, which November/December seeing the highest CPMs of the year. Sadly that is typically when we all see less views with everyone visiting family etc, so IMO it kinda balances out.

OP
OP
M

Magdelayna

I noticed one of my videos which makes some revenue everyday,on Saturday it said it made zero dollars! Is that a glitch? There are still ads runnings on it...

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I noticed one of my videos which makes some revenue everyday,on Saturday it said it made zero dollars! Is that a glitch? There are still ads runnings on it...
There is really not enough information here to answer this... but I would assume that it is simply a delay in the reporting of revenue for Saturday. That happens ALL the time.

Reactions: Magdelayna

BensTechLab

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
www.benstechlab.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi guys,as soon as July 1st came my revenue took like a 40% hit - is this normal for a new 'season'? I read somewhere that there can be drastic changes in seasonality for advertisers....
This will also vary by niche or industry. I know in the tech space everyone is down, even big creators. I follow some YouTuber types like Tom Buck or Podcastage who have also seen 40-50% decreases into summer.

A popular theory on twitter seems to be that summer was already a low point, but the fact that many places are starting to open up after Covid lock-downs means people are free to go on vacation and such. So there may be a "rebound effect" after covid lock down had boosted the numbers, now the rebound may be lower as everyone was feeling caged up and need to get out for a break!

Reactions: Magdelayna
OP
OP
M

Magdelayna

There is really not enough information here to answer this... but I would assume that it is simply a delay in the reporting of revenue for Saturday. That happens ALL the time.

There is something else wrong - one of my videos has 'zero' for four days running now,and another has 2 days of 'zero'. Another video had a revenue of just '22 cents' which is very strange. Ive seen something like this happen before where the revenue has been 'fixed' and updated but its alarming when your revenue is cut by 70% compared to July and still dropping. Anyone else reported any errors?

OP
OP
M

Magdelayna

This will also vary by niche or industry. I know in the tech space everyone is down, even big creators. I follow some YouTuber types like Tom Buck or Podcastage who have also seen 40-50% decreases into summer.

A popular theory on twitter seems to be that summer was already a low point, but the fact that many places are starting to open up after Covid lock-downs means people are free to go on vacation and such. So there may be a "rebound effect" after covid lock down had boosted the numbers, now the rebound may be lower as everyone was feeling caged up and need to get out for a break!

Yeah i noticed last March there was a huge surge in views when the lockdowns started.....end of april seems to be the peak time of year for me,then it starts declining.