• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Does it hurt your channel to publish extra one-off videos in addition to your regular weekly videos?

MarketingCC

I have a client that has been publishing videos Sunday and Wednesday for several months. They are very worried about "messing up their algorithm with YouTube. Does it hurt your channel if you have a set publishing schedule but publish extra videos every once in awhile for special promos or events?

Fleurdwi Cooking

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I have a client that has been publishing videos Sunday and Wednesday for several months. They are very worried about "messing up their algorithm with YouTube. Does it hurt your channel if you have a set publishing schedule but publish extra videos every once in awhile for special promos or events?

I did that, and it increased my views, watching hours, subscribers and after 6 months I am still benefitting from these videos.

Reactions: JM Artist

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
The schedule does not impact the 'algorithm' at all. YouTube has various circles of discovery; they push out your content pretty hard for the first 72 hours and subsequently the first 7 days as they try to collect data to see how well your video is going to perform as new content and against the other videos that already exist in that space. Once this begins to settle down there are other circles of discovery which check various other audience demographics at intervals of 30 days, 90 days and even 120 days.

So the schedule makes zero impact on these search and discovery systems (referred to as the algorithm). As a channel you simply capitalize on constantly having a 'New' video if you post every three days... there is no other correlation between a schedule and video performance.

KIDisMe

nkri.one
Subscriber Goal

I don't think anyone here know exactly how You Tube's algorithm works, and adding more videos over your scheduled videos, is more on the positive side rather than not publishing any.

Reactions: Damon