• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Comments not showing up on shorts

Oliver & Liz

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I have a channel with my kids so 99% of my channel's videos have the comments turned off. I uploaded a shorts video and turned the comments on. I saw from the notifications that two people commented on the video, but when I click on the notification or go to the content list to click on the comments nothing shows up. This is the first time I've dealt with comments and I don't know what's going on. Does anyone have any insight? Is this normal for shorts or comments in general?

ItzShadow

It may be that they either deleted the comment or it is deemed as potentially inappropriate or spam and is in another section

OP
OP
Oliver & Liz

Oliver & Liz

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
It may be that they either deleted the comment or it is deemed as potentially inappropriate or spam and is in another section
Interesting. If they were marked as spam or inappropriate wouldn't youtube put them in the "held for review" section so I could at least review them?

ItzShadow

potentially. Did you try to reply to them? Or maybe if you have any channel mods they may have taken it down

OP
OP
Oliver & Liz

Oliver & Liz

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I tired to view them by clicking on the notifications. I'm the only mod for my channel.

Reactions: Cazuu