• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback Recent Thumbnail should I add a face or what improvements could be done on this?

The Kitchen Gamer

Making Food from everyday and from Video Games
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I tried out a new thumbnail design and I'm just wondering what should be improved and if I should look at including my face or continue along this line for eye catching thumbnails on the food side of things.
Any and all suggestions are highly appreciated.
vodka pasta.jpg

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I was just watching Tom Buck's newest video on his thumbnails and he noted that while often people say your should include your face in thumbnails, his data shows that his highest CTR thumbnails don't have his face but feature the product he is talking about.

So try it both ways and see what works.

That said, the pasta color looks a bit washed out. I would definitely adjust the brightness and contrast on it. Also note, you need to close down your aperture a bit so the entire dish is in focus.

Reactions: The Kitchen Gamer
OP
OP
The Kitchen Gamer

The Kitchen Gamer

Making Food from everyday and from Video Games
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I was just watching Tom Buck's newest video on his thumbnails and he noted that while often people say your should include your face in thumbnails, his data shows that his highest CTR thumbnails don't have his face but feature the product he is talking about.

So try it both ways and see what works.

That said, the pasta color looks a bit washed out. I would definitely adjust the brightness and contrast on it. Also note, you need to close down your aperture a bit so the entire dish is in focus.
Thanks for the feedback and I'll check out Tom Buck's video on thumbnails and see what he says about them.
I'll definitely work on those things for the next thumbnail @SILTHW.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Looks like a pretty good thumbnail. I don't think you need your face on it either. The food should speak for itself.

Reactions: The Kitchen Gamer