• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Life A Collaboration 5 Years in the Making

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Back in 2017 we had several YouTube creators who would just go down to the creek or lake, cast out a few lines and start streaming on their phone. It was relaxing... and an experience that ended up garnering a lot of attention at the time (not many people were doing this, so it was a unique experience). Several of use got pretty close hanging out while at work and watching these streams, I ended up making several friends whom I consider to be some of my closest friends to date. It was weird, but the connections we made were strong and founded not only on our passion for fishing but for our skills and desire to create fishing content on YouTube.

Last weekend I had the amazing opportunity to meet up with these guys. My family and I had planned a trip to Wisconsin to see family at a time when one of our YouTube friends would be traveling up to Michigan... which just happened to be an hour and a half away from one of our other YouTube associates. The fourth lived ten-hours from Michigan, which made for a rough trip but one that had to be made.

The experience was strange... I had never been to Michigan. I had never seen the Great Lakes and I had these really close friends whom I knew all about. I know their kids and families, I knew the current events in their lives and I knew their cars and boats. But I had never seen them in three dimensions. The first five minutes of meeting each other was an awkward, clumsy collection of hugs and hand-shakes between some of my closest friends, their wives and kids. But it was all smiles.

After an awkward breakfast we headed out fishing for what would become the single most epic fishing collaboration of all time. Four families, four YouTube channels all getting together for the first time to fish a place I had never been to for a species of fish I had never caught.

And the trip did not disappoint!

The one thing I would suggest if given an opportunity like this; don't stop recording. After our trip we held the most amazing neighborhood fish fry and drank more beer than was necessary. The cameras turned off and the fun turned on... and I wish that I had captured more of that on camera!

Attachments

• 20210626_194253-01.jpeg
    20210626_194253-01.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 112
  • received_171466088329159.jpeg
    received_171466088329159.jpeg
    216.2 KB · Views: 100
  • received_415355862854468.jpeg
    received_415355862854468.jpeg
    314.6 KB · Views: 98
  • RYLO_20210628_091719_-0400-01.jpeg
    RYLO_20210628_091719_-0400-01.jpeg
    625.4 KB · Views: 111
  • Screenshot_20210627-090104_Video Player-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20210627-090104_Video Player-01.jpeg
    187.1 KB · Views: 99

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
How long had it been since you guys had seen each other? If I understood correctly, you guys had met at one point in 2017 at the lake.

I picture the day I get to meet you guys in person during some TubeBuddy trip kinda like how Andrew and the others met with Beanie in Australia. I hope it's something like this.

OP
OP
Stanley | Team TB

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
How long had it been since you guys had seen each other? If I understood correctly, you guys had met at one point in 2017 at the lake.

I picture the day I get to meet you guys in person during some TubeBuddy trip kinda like how Andrew and the others met with Beanie in Australia. I hope it's something like this.
In 2019 I met up with one of these guys... we fish some of the same areas. But we had not seen each other since, and the rest of us had never met before outside of YouTube.

Funny story, I met Andrew before I knew who he was. Saw him at Video Marketing World, stopped to talk to him. I was already pretty sold on TubeBuddy, but still testing the VidIQ and MorningFame waters. After that conference I went full TubeBuddy and never looked back. That's when I started watching TB tutorials and realized he was the TB poster guy lol.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Funny story, I met Andrew before I knew who he was. Saw him at Video Marketing World, stopped to talk to him. I was already pretty sold on TubeBuddy, but still testing the VidIQ and MorningFame waters. After that conference I went full TubeBuddy and never looked back. That's when I started watching TB tutorials and realized he was the TB poster guy lol.

LOL, nice. Believe it or not, I never tried VidIQ, didn't even know about it till I joined the TB forums. I did check out MorningFame but by then I was already deep into TB.

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB
OP
OP
Stanley | Team TB

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I did a video with Rob at VidIQ once But that was a couple years ago.