• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered New to tubebuddy *

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Hashtags are different than Channel or Video tags. Hashtags like #MakeItRain are used different for search purposes and you don't really rank for those. You just show up as the newest person using it until the next guy uses it.

Video and Channel tags are pieces of metadata used to help identify what your video is about. Because the market is so saturated with content these days it is important to be very specific about the things that you are trying to target. For example, I do fishing videos. So using a tag like 'fishing' seems like a good option... but it absolutely is not. There are FAR too many videos using that keyword in their tags I would disappear in the mix before I ever had a chance. It is far better for me to use keyword phrases for these tags. So tags like 'south texas fishing for redfish' works far better, even if there are fewer people looking for that when they find me I have exactly what they are looking for.

Put in your research on these longtail keywords and find the ones with a little bit of traffic that do not feature as much competition and over the course of 100, 200 or 500 videos you will build a library with an evergreen foundation of views coming in year over year.

Status
Not open for further replies.