• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review Need a feedback on what I have done right and wrong for my gaming video

Rise Of Jay Cee

Subscriber Goal
User name: Rise Of Jay Cee
Title of thread: Need a feedback on what I have done right and wrong for my gaming video
Self review: I think I did quite well for this video. This is my first time cover about video gaming though picking a game that no one has heard about may have an impact on my views. Video length could an issue as usual but that it because I covered three games in one video.
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0snTv3cF-4U

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/41659/post-135118

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
A few thoughts.

First, I liked the video overall. I do think there are a lot of things going on in the video and that may confuse the viewer. You are covering (1) a franchise people may not have heard of, (2) giving reviews and noting which one you thought was more fund, and (3) giving gameplay hints and tips. So you have a video that is (1) a franchise review, (2) game ratings, and (3) hints and tips.

My thought is that you could break the video into 2-3 more focused videos. That way you can SEO-optimize for the type of videos. What follows are opinion and examples, not to be take literally:
- Video 1 - Optimize around "Little-known franchises" and "the story"
- Video 2 - Review of the franchise
- Video 3 - Hints and tips - maybe note gameplay changes across each game.

You could also do:
- Video 1 - Franchise overview
- Video 2 - Game 1 review and tips
- Video 3 - Game 2 review and tips
- Video 4 - Game 3 review and tips

There are more ways to break it down. I would do so with a mind towards SEO and thumbnail optimization.

Outside of that, sound quality is good. Video is fine. I think people like to see faces in these types of videos, so adding more of you to the video might help create interest.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: Rise Of Jay Cee
OP
OP
Rise Of Jay Cee

Rise Of Jay Cee

Subscriber Goal
A few thoughts.

First, I liked the video overall. I do think there are a lot of things going on in the video and that may confuse the viewer. You are covering (1) a franchise people may not have heard of, (2) giving reviews and noting which one you thought was more fund, and (3) giving gameplay hints and tips. So you have a video that is (1) a franchise review, (2) game ratings, and (3) hints and tips.

My thought is that you could break the video into 2-3 more focused videos. That way you can SEO-optimize for the type of videos. What follows are opinion and examples, not to be take literally:
- Video 1 - Optimize around "Little-known franchises" and "the story"
- Video 2 - Review of the franchise
- Video 3 - Hints and tips - maybe note gameplay changes across each game.

You could also do:
- Video 1 - Franchise overview
- Video 2 - Game 1 review and tips
- Video 3 - Game 2 review and tips
- Video 4 - Game 3 review and tips

There are more ways to break it down. I would do so with a mind towards SEO and thumbnail optimization.

Outside of that, sound quality is good. Video is fine. I think people like to see faces in these types of videos, so adding more of you to the video might help create interest.

Hope that helps!
Noted, thank you for the feedback! I be sure to take your tips the next time I do this type of video.

Typhon

I would try to make the video a lot shorter. When people see that it is 30 minutes long, a lot of people wouldn't want to watch it. I felt the same when I saw it. I would try to make some parts quicker.

Epic E

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
A few thoughts,
I would say that you have the right idea as far as content however, there isn't much potential for watchability. 30+ minutes is a long time to discuss a game without having the enthusiasm to maintain the viewer attention. I would suggest spliting up the video somehow in order to really get the viewers rolling in or just add more excitemnet when your discussing the game, seeing as some may have not of heard of it before. Overally, you have the right idea and the potential for your videos and channel to go far. From watching the video alone I can tell that youre very comftotable and know what you're talking about. Good content so far and I hope this helps you some.