• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Do watching your own videos add view and watchtime?

Rise Of Jay Cee

Subscriber Goal
I wonder about this because I scare it might impact my videos as I sometimes go back to my videos just to edit something like description.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I wonder about this because I scare it might impact my videos as I sometimes go back to my videos just to edit something like description.

Like, again :)joy:), @SILTHW said it doesn't affect your videos if using the same account but also take into account that if you go through the YouTube Studio it doesn't actually play the video so it doesn't touch the views or view time.

Bears and Butters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Like, again :)joy:), @SILTHW said it doesn't affect your videos if using the same account but also take into account that if you go through the YouTube Studio it doesn't actually play the video so it doesn't touch the views or view time.
But if you want to leave a pinned comment on your own video that you put yourself. You have no option but to watch the video and leave a comment from the video itself. Many creators leave their own comment pinned for other call to action items. It always feels like a guessing game with YouTube LOLOL!! Should you.. or shouldn't you!

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
But if you want to leave a pinned comment on your own video that you put yourself. You have no option but to watch the video and leave a comment from the video itself. Many creators leave their own comment pinned for other call to action items. It always feels like a guessing game with YouTube LOLOL!! Should you.. or shouldn't you!
I think pinning your own comment is common and could be considered a best practice. YouTube knows if it is you doing it and doesn't count that as a view.