• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips YouTube SEO Tips

MuhammaRashedulIslam

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
YouTube SEO Tips
  1. Rename your video file using a target keyword.
  2. Insert your keyword naturally in the video title.
  3. Optimize your video description.
  4. Tag your video with popular keywords that relate to your topic.
  5. Categorize your video.
  6. Upload a custom thumbnail image for your video's result link.

The Kitchen Gamer

Making Food from everyday and from Video Games
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
This is very good and should be more main stream when people are looking to get into YouTube since this would help out new people a lot more than just thinking of uploading a video and that's it.

ancient

I am very new. Om point 5 how do you categorize a video? On point 1 how do you rename the video file?

Thanks in advanced

Feduk

Thank you for sharing! These tips seem to be very helpful! I recently used the services of a cheap web design company to make the web design, and last week I got the results. It looks great, but now I need to get new users on the website. I run a forum for dog owners, so I think SEO strategies will work the best. I started to learn how it works, but I am getting a lot of errors. With your tips, I understood that I was not introducing the backlinks correctly, so it wasn't working while I was using indexing software.

Last edited:

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I'm interested in this one. Does that really help that much with SEO? I mean it isn't reflecting the keyword when it creates the "slug" for it.

I have no idea if renaming the file name really helps or not but I started doing it recently before uploading my file just in case it is a minor signal to YT. I do it in the spirit of the tags which YT says are not given lots of weight anymore but still a small signal.

Reactions: Hiking with Shawn

Hiking with Shawn

TubeBuddy Legend
I have no idea if renaming the file name really helps or not but I started doing it recently before uploading my file just in case it is a minor signal to YT. I do it in the spirit of the tags which YT says are not given lots of weight anymore but still a small signal.

Well, it is interesting now that I have searched on it. Some of the big SEO bloggers are saying it will help with SEO. YouTube is effectively a search engine after all, the second biggest next to Google.

I learned something new :) and from a forum too! Yay! I'm going to start doing it myself!

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Well, it is interesting now that I have searched on it. Some of the big SEO bloggers are saying it will help with SEO. YouTube is effectively a search engine after all, the second biggest next to Google.

I learned something new :) and from a forum too! Yay! I'm going to start doing it myself!

To me, changing the file name before uploading is way less work than fooling with all the various tags to deal with. If it helps with SEO, then great. I am still not really convinced that renaming the file will actually work but I am willing to indulge in it even if it is superstitious! LOL.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I never knew if renaming the file helps, I have heard some say it does. My system is to use the keyword explorer and when I get the keyword phrase I want, I incorporate it into a title, then I name my project file & folder with that name. When I render my video, the editing program automatically names the file, and YT puts it in the video title during upload. I do just to save a couple steps. If it helps with SEO, that is a bonus.