• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Opinion What are your opinions on Computers? what specs are your recommendations?

Foxy_Andariel

Known Member
TubeBuddy Legend
linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
What are your opinions on Computers? what specs are your recommendations?

I am looking into building a new computer but the thing is I know Ish what I want in terms of Space in the hard drives and memory-wise, but are your thoughts on what brands and specs to have?
I am a total N00b when it comes to tech stuff! haha

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
Assuming your planning on running Windows, I would not go lower than an i7, 1Tb hard drive, and 16Gb RAM (but go higher on all if you can).

I would ask why you are building? I used to build my own, back in the 90s and early aughts, but I no longer find it necessary or cost effective. Out of the box computers are bigger, faster, and cheaper than ever. Unless you just want to build it for the fun of it?

• Love
Reactions: Foxy_Andariel

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I'm going to agree with @Tito Tim on this one. The difference in cost between one you built and one you can buy from any of the major custom build services is minor. But when they build it they support it and help with issues. When you build it you are on the hook.

Note I said custom builders. I wouldn't necessarily buy one from a major computer company (e.g. Dell, HP, etc.). I have personally used NZXT BLD and love their work.

• Love
Reactions: Foxy_Andariel
OP
OP
Foxy_Andariel

Foxy_Andariel

Known Member
TubeBuddy Legend
linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
Assuming your planning on running Windows, I would not go lower than an i7, 1Tb hard drive, and 16Gb RAM (but go higher on all if you can).

I would ask why you are building? I used to build my own, back in the 90s and early aughts, but I no longer find it necessary or cost-effective. Out of the box, computers are bigger, faster, and cheaper than ever. Unless you just want to build it for the fun of it?
Yep, windows it will be, Because all of the programs that I use or the versions of the programs work better with Win, otherwise I would prob need a converter and a shitton of cables hehe
But yeah, I am going to go with as much space inside and as much RAM as I can possibly afford, I want to have 32GB RAM.

But I kind of wanna build one just for fun and for the sake of learning it properly etc :D

OP
OP
Foxy_Andariel

Foxy_Andariel

Known Member
TubeBuddy Legend
linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
I'm going to agree with @Tito Tim on this one. The difference in cost between one you built and one you can buy from any of the major custom build services is minor. But when they build it they support it and help with issues. When you build it you are on the hook.

Note I said custom builders. I wouldn't necessarily buy one from a major computer company (e.g. Dell, HP, etc.). I have personally used NZXT BLD and love their work.
OK, yeah, HP and DELL Deffo not LUL.

All my gaming has been ASUS so far and they work amazingly for me :D
With the exceptions of some tech stuff every now and then which it just normal. and with in the "plan" so to speak <3