• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Beauty Channel In A Saturated Market! How Do You Get Noticed?

Randomlifestylevlog

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
www.linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
Beauty Channel In A Saturated Market! How Do You Get Noticed?

Our market is saturated and we have being studying and trying to improve our channel more! Is anyone else in the same boat as us?

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
The truth is most content creators are in the same boat as you in their own genre. I'm a gamer, one of the most saturated genres out there. So saturated it has a website almost entirely dedicated to it (Twitch). But one must find a way to stand out among so many. I can't give much advice in the beauty genre as I have no experience with that. My wife doesn't even use makeup if you can believe it. But I can give you some examples of gaming channels that are successful and how they each stand out from one another.

The most famous of them all is Dr. Disrespect. A guy (which also happens to be his name, Guy) who's basically an 80s, superstar, chatterbox who you will either love his annoying, supercharged, over-the-top character or you will hate his guts. Either way, he is the true meaning of entertainment in the content creator world. His style is basically a made-up character, acting.

WackyJacky101 is not just one of the best PUBg players out there, he also mastered the art of How-To videos for this specific game. His how-to videos combined with detailed game mechanic explanations, gameplay analysis, and all-around fun custom games with his audience make his channel one of the best sources to learn to play PUBg. His style is education and fun.

And then there's Markiplier and Jacksepticeye. To of the craziest gamers out there. These guys will try just about any game and they will make you laugh till you pee on yourself as they play them and freak out over their storylines and goals. It's not just about the games, it's also how they will make you want to watch them more because they make the games even more fun. Comedy is their style.

They each have their own ways of standing out in the same gaming genre and they do it well. Granted, they have been at it for years and they started at a time where YouTube worked very differently from today but they can still play in today's YouTube without missing a beat.

You have to find your own style, your own way to stand out. Something about you that can become your brand. It has to be as close to you as it can be so it can be easy for you to mold into your channel.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
All creators are in the same boat. Anyone starting now will have a much harder time grabbing a foothold. The difference is most people will quit once they see how hard it is. The one who don't quit and keep refining their craft will build an audience over time. How big that audience will be, no one knows.

@Brave Starr is totally correct. It takes time to figure out your style. It took me 650 videos before I decided I wanted my fishing videos to be true documentary films like the old Jacques Cousteau TV documentaries were he was exploring the ocean. It has taken another 250+ videos to get to the point where I'm getting to look, fell, storytelling, cinematic elements of a true documentary film. I've been at this since 2014.

In the end you have to find something you care about more than the views and subscribers. The views and subscribers may never come, but when you have some you care about to the point that you don't care if anyone watches or not, all a sudden people start watching and subscribing. Maybe not in the massive numbers people have seen in the big YouTubers, but when people see something genuine, that cannot be ignored and it satisfies something they want, the market place has to tell you something one way or the other.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to expound on @Brave Starr's above examples.

Andrew St. Pierre White is a YouTuber/TV personality. Who got his start in 1996 shooting a TV show about off road trucks. This was on TV. I believe he was in Britain, South Africa and Australia. For years he worked as a TV editor in Britain. Then he started making his own show in 1996. Many years later he got feed up with the bureaucracy on TV and cable networks that he started his own YouTube channel called 4xOverland. It's the same offroad content he has made all his career. He quickly made it to 100k subs. Why?

Well, he had been making content for 20 years prior. Today what you see is 25 years of hard-earned experience on his channel. Most never learn the first thing about proper video editing or motion picture language. Even fewer people are willing to stick it out for 20 years while building their brands. The crazy fast-paced success is not the norm in any field of endeavor.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
This is very common... a lot of niches are saturated. The simple answer to your question; if you want to stand out be undeniable.

You can be the best or you can be different/unique. Either of these will set you apart.

• Love
Reactions: Damon