• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question One of my video go viral on Browse features, but rank low in search

zhugelianges

Recognized Member
One of my video go viral on Browse features (Every 48 hours generating 2000 views), but rank low in search

May I know how can this happen?

Wasn't it suggested once suggested by Browse features it would rank high?

Anyone could help explain?

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Project TV

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
They are slightly different systems, even though they look similar.

I'm greatly oversimplifying, but think of it like this:
- Browse - Your video has momentum and people who see it in browse tend to click on it and watch a lot of it. They then stay on YouTube and browse more videos, vs;
- Search - these are the videos people tend to click on and watch a lot of when they search for a specific keyword

I know, subtle. But it is based on viewer behavior. Are they discovering via browse or search? If browse, it will be promoted, but that doesn't mean that it will also get automatically promoted in search.

OP
OP
zhugelianges

zhugelianges

Recognized Member
They are slightly different systems, even though they look similar.

I'm greatly oversimplifying, but think of it like this:
- Browse - Your video has momentum and people who see it in browse tend to click on it and watch a lot of it. They then stay on YouTube and browse more videos, vs;
- Search - these are the videos people tend to click on and watch a lot of when they search for a specific keyword

I know, subtle. But it is based on viewer behavior. Are they discovering via browse or search? If browse, it will be promoted, but that doesn't mean that it will also get automatically promoted in search.
Thanks a lot for your explanation!

PFAADSF

Subscriber Goal
It got good watchtime statistics by the people who did see it at first, so youtube recommended it, and then it got more clicks, leading to more watchtime, the cycle repeated and the video ended up going viral.