• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Review General advice on improving my channel

zhugelianges

Recognized Member
User name: zhugelianges
Title of thread: General advice on improving my channel
Self review: My channel is mainly for NBA fans, I currently post 4 videos a week. I believe my contents are great and I have lots of active subs and millions of views. But my channel views are below average comparing to other sports channel similar to my size. Perhaps due to the reason I have been disappeared from Youtube for 9 months. How can I earn my subs and views back? Thanks!
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/zhugelianges/
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/41282/

Reactions: tk100m and ClimaX

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I deal with this same issue every year. I do fishing, and the desire to watch fishing videos completely dies from September until about April. So every year I am always trying to regain those same old subs and views.

The good news is that you really don't need to regain them. Viewers go through viewing cycles. Just like the seasonality of my own viewership you are going to see the same swing in views depending on who is playing the Conference Championships, The Final, who is up in the draft etc. I'm sure in the summer you see a pretty big lull, but views return in November. Keep cramming out content with the understanding that you may not be getting the views you want or are accustomed to now, but once the new season starts any/all of these videos may pop. And it is MUCH nicer to have filmed 25 videos that pop several months from now than to sit back and wait until the season starts to begin putting out content again.

The Kitchen Gamer

Making Food from everyday and from Video Games
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
It's good content and I'd say that with the 9month hiatus people would move on but as your saying that you posting four videos a week then your keeping the schedule consistent for your viewers but just thinking that to expand and keep it all year around and just not NBA look at other countries and there basketball competition so then you could potentially gain those viewers.
Overall I'd say just keep posting regular content and follow the optimizations which are recommended on TubeBuddy or your own.

Dino93

TubeBuddy Pro
www.instagram.com
Subscriber Goal
I think overall your channel is really good! I like that you've made compilations for the majority of basketball greats. If you're looking to increase views and viewership, I'd recommend maybe adding in some commentary about the latest basketball news. Maybe do some stuff on the 2021 draft, g-league, NBL type stuff. With the Olympics coming up I think you could definitely do something about the US team selection and predict how they'll do. There's a lot of ways I think you can definitely increase viewership. Especially when you already have a large audience. I also recommend trying to stick to a consistent upload schedule, just to make sure you have the best viewer retention

Hello,
I watched your channel and i feel like you need to comment the match as well. May be give your opinion, or maybe do reviews of those matches. You can upload videos like you do right now, but may upload also review of those video where you review the match and give your opinion or something.
If I look a video like that, i would like to hear something from you.
Hope this help.
Also may be capture picture of the match for your thumbnails

Farah Islam

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Your channel is really so nice and I like your videos you uploaded. I would just suggest you to follow the optimization which are recommend on tubeBuddy and upload regular content.