• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Three copyright strikes

Uncle Momo

Familiar Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
IΓÇÖve now have three strike on my channel due to copyright, IΓÇÖm upset because two of them only happen when I used the fair usage policy, my dispute wasnΓÇÖt rejected I just automatically got a takedown and a strike. Now IΓÇÖm doing my best to contact these big companies to request a retract but getting no answer youtube has given me 7days (IΓÇÖm in my 5th day) to contact these companies which is proving to be so difficult. I need help please anyone I need to save my reaction channel. I think this really unfair

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I have a lot to say on this topic, and I appreciate that you bring this up. Sadly, I have very little positive news for you. Copyright law is excessively strict, and a few years ago the internet was hammered with some rules that allowed for websites to be responsible for the content that other people post. Which means that if someone breaks a law on their website then the website can be held responsible. So when a copyright is infringed YouTube can be held liable for that.

In order to protect themselves YouTube gives the right of takedown to anyone, and grants an appeals process to prevent fraud. This is to prevent them from being held liable but also gives some power to their creators to prevent abuse (which is sorely lacking). This is the extent of YouTube's involvement with copyright issues. They do not stand up against abuse and they do not get involved in these cases. They let the creators and the copyright owners hammer out the issues. Because YouTube is not designating anything Fair Use does not apply in these cases; that is something that you have to defend yourself in court, it does not have anything to do with YouTube. They do not arbitrate the law.

Good luck in your appeal. I wish you the best, this is a tough battle to fight and one that has unfairly cost a lot of creators a lot of amazing content.

XtremeJam87

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I'm sorry to hear about your predicament. The only thing I use outside of my own video content now is the music from YouTube studio. It always worried me in the past on other channels that I had a potential strike on something as far as I was concerned was okay.

I hope you manage to contact someone and get the issue resolved.

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB