• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Short channel URL ?

FreedomWalker

Does anyone have recommendations for converting long-form YT channel URL's to a more manageable format that works across all platforms? Bit.ly rarely works on sites like gab & parler; Tiny URL's sometimes don't make it through Facebook's text editor, etc. What do the folks here do when asked to a link to their channel?

Shelly Saves the Day

Trusted User
TubeBuddy User
Trusted User
shellysavestheday.com
Subscriber Goal
If you check under the Promo Materials sections of tubebuddy.com there is a short url for your channel page link. It would look something like this (here's mine for example) → https://goo.gl/7eNE3P and you can use this on sites, there is also one that has the subscription pop-up link embedded as well here's mine as an example → https://goo.gl/A9UbDe I especially love the first link which is the shortened url for most recent upload which is great for those sites where you don't want to update the link continually for "link in bio" type of reference. You'll find all of these links under the Promo Materials section when you log in on tubebuddy.com

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Does anyone have recommendations for converting long-form YT channel URL's to a more manageable format that works across all platforms? Bit.ly rarely works on sites like gab & parler; Tiny URL's sometimes don't make it through Facebook's text editor, etc. What do the folks here do when asked to a link to their channel?
Honestly, the best answer is to get to 100 subs and get your custom URL. Many services filter URL shorteners because of security issues and phishing attacks. Many of them are great services, but do a really poor job of protecting users from malicious content.

Helpful hint for those unaware - if you add a "+" at the end of the bit.ly URL it takes you to their site and shows you what is being pointed to.

OP
OP
FreedomWalker

FreedomWalker

Honestly, the best answer is to get to 100 subs and get your custom URL. Many services filter URL shorteners because of security issues and phishing attacks. Many of them are great services, but do a really poor job of protecting users from malicious content.

Helpful hint for those unaware - if you add a "+" at the end of the bit.ly URL it takes you to their site and shows you what is being pointed to.
Do you mean 100 subs on YouTube? Would I get a custom URL from YouTube then?