• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips k drama copyrights

Kookie

Hii all! I need help with copyright problem I face when I try to upload some k-drama scene. There and so many other channels doing it. So that means it is possible to work out that issue, but I just do not know how?

Bears and Butters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hey Kookie!! Copyright is a tricky thing to navigate. If you really don't understand how copyright works, and are using other people's content.. you really need to do yourself a favor and really learn a lot about it. There are tons of videos about it, and lots of ways to research it yourself. You should know that using ANY type of material that is not yours is subject to a copyright strike.. which can lead to termination of your account, and if the person you are "borrowing" their content wants to pursue legal venues, they can.

Once you understand all the ramifications of copyright.. you will want to research "Fair Use". This is when you use copyrighted materials for the whole purpose transforming, education, critiquing, and very selective other purposes. You MAY be able to use it, but even then, that still doesn't mean you cannot be subjected to a copyright action or takedown notification and/or strike on your account. Master how to use apply fair use to the way you want to use this content, and you'll be golden.

Good luck!

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Let me add to @Bears and Butters' great response. There isn't actually any such thing as an "international copyright" and in many cases laws are enforced in the jurisdiction of the copyright. So while something you are doing may meet the bar for "fair use" in the US (or wherever you might be), it may not meet the fair use rules of South Korea.

Also, I moved this thread to a better board.