• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Other How Was Your Naming Your YouTube Channel Dilemma?

XtremeJam87

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I decided you utilise and rebrand my YouTube channel earlier this week and the hardest part of this was deciding on a name. The theme of my channel is mainly about location in England, tech and fun. I toyed and contemplated with a lot of names that I could not settle one.

In the end I settled with just my name with TV at the end. Not very creative but at the end of the day it is what it is lol

How hard was it to decide on a name for your channel?

zerovalksg

Subscriber Goal
I am going thru the same thing now... haha... but I have this current online moniker I have been using for a long time since my active gaming days...

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I had a horrible time coming up with a name for my real estate channel because I was tussling with my intended audience. My subject area is pretty boring and lends itself to boring, overused, and duplicated titles.

I launched a 2nd channel. I tussled with it a bit until I got clarity of my intended audience and purpose of the channel. Plus trying to find something unique and a little catchy is pretty tough nowadays.

Reactions: Damon

DebuJalanan

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I was happy with my channel's name back on April 2020. But then on July 2020, a profesional musician released a song and album using the name/title the same as my channel's.
It's very hard now to find my channel using search engines. :laughing:

Reactions: Damon

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I was happy with my channel's name back on April 2020. But then on July 2020, a professional musician released a song and album using the name/title the same as my channel's.
It's very hard now to find my channel using search engines. :laughing:

Yes, you can have name clashes on the Internet. Getting a good available name gets harder and harder every year. It requires more creativity. You may be forced to change your name if you don't want to get lost in the searches of your name.

DebuJalanan

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I've been thinking about changing the name. But I don't think I can do it. :D
At least, not now.
Changing the name would be a drastic move for me.