• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Starting a new niche

gashton34

My channel is about 16 months and doing reasonably well (just approaching 4K) although not steller. My question is this: I want to start a new channel which focuses on one particular topic that gets me the most views on my main channel (without shutting my main channel down). Would I be able to upload those same videos that are doing well? Or maybe I should set them to private on my main channel then do it? Or should I just start the new channel with brand new content so I don't lose all the great views theses videos in question are getting on my main channel?
Anyone with experience doing something like this - or just any thoughts?
Many thanks

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
That's a difficult one especially since you are growing plants that high of latitude. Tradition says to make all new content for a new channel. If you just upload old content, then you're just reusing content. You'll have a hard time getting into the monetization program.

I say go for the new channel, but take the time to shoot all new content for it.

OP
OP
gashton34

gashton34

Thanks for your thoughts Damon. I kinda know this I think deep down. I suppose I can just shoot new content which is simply an updated version of all the old content that's doing well. It's going to be hard to 'not' upload it to the main channel though. ‍♂️

Reactions: Damon