• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Will changing title of video hurt performance?

zhugelianges

Recognized Member
May I ask will changing title of video hurt performance?

As one of my video is having 2,000 views per day, I want to keep the momentum.

However, I want to add episode number at the end of each related video as I want people to watch the whole series to increase the watching hours.

What do you guys think?

Thanks a lot!

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
If it is to be added at the end of the title, then it should be fine according to me.

You can add related series playlist at
1. end screen
2. card at drop points
3. pin comment about it

Let's see other's opinions too.

Reactions: zhugelianges

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Generally speaking, changes force YouTube to re-index (technically it is more complicated than re-index) your video. It is hard to gauge the impact of that, because you don't know exactly what their algorithms have learned about your video and your audience and how that is impacting search and discovery. Thumbnails seem to be the easiest thing to change without impacting search and discovery. I do agree with Lilly that adding something to the end versus completely changing the title would be minor change and unlikely to cause any major issues.

Reactions: zhugelianges

maryslarson1

term paper writer said:
Generally speaking, changes force YouTube to re-index your video. It is hard to gauge the impact of that, because you don't know exactly what their algorithms have learned about your video.

The only way to figure this out is to try. If that's really important to you - change the title of one video to see what will happen. Though, I am not sure I'd risk to make changes...

Reactions: tmtquilts

tmtquilts

Subscriber Goal
I actually went back to some of my old videos and changed the titles, just slightly and it ended up getting more views. I then went in and added thumbnails also. If you don't see results you can always change it back.

byyzeroh

Subscriber Goal
I have tested changing titles from older videos (older than 3 years) and I find updating the title on some lower view videos will somewhat help them gain more views. Although that could be down to changes in keywords in the title

Reactions: tmtquilts