• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question How to increase my click through rate (CTR)?

zhugelianges

Recognized Member
I have watched many SEO videos
I have customised every thumbnails before uploading.
Yet my every videos only have around 6-7% CTR...
Could anyone please help my channel to grow?

Reactions: naress91

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
You have watched many SEO videos... you should know that with the amount of impressions you are getting a 6%-7% CTR is really a good number. Of course CTR isn't based on having custom thumbnails... it's based on getting viewers to click. I like your style honestly (and I am a BIG Spurs fan so your Tim Duncan/Manu Ginobili thumbs win me over immediately). But obviously using more dramatic photos would make a difference. CTR is about standing out from the crowd and creating something that is compelling and clickworthy. A great thumb REALLY grabs a viewers attention and compels them to click.

You should look up your thumbnail with the best CTR and try to reproduce that.

Also I would advise saying things like 'help my channel to grow.' We don't support sub-growth, sub4sub tactics and it's a bit of a bad look for your post.

OP
OP
zhugelianges

zhugelianges

Recognized Member
You have watched many SEO videos... you should know that with the amount of impressions you are getting a 6%-7% CTR is really a good number. Of course CTR isn't based on having custom thumbnails... it's based on getting viewers to click. I like your style honestly (and I am a BIG Spurs fan so your Tim Duncan/Manu Ginobili thumbs win me over immediately). But obviously using more dramatic photos would make a difference. CTR is about standing out from the crowd and creating something that is compelling and clickworthy. A great thumb REALLY grabs a viewers attention and compels them to click.

You should look up your thumbnail with the best CTR and try to reproduce that.

Also I would advise saying things like 'help my channel to grow.' We don't support sub-growth, sub4sub tactics and it's a bit of a bad look for your post.
Sorry I should not use the wordings "help my channel grow".
I do not mean sub4sub tactics...I really don't mean it. I hate sub4sub tbh.
Anyway, thanks a lot!

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
As @Stanley Orchard said your CTR is sacrosanct pretty good but to improve you just have to make your content more clickable. Ensure you know who you're audience is and give them exactly what they want. This you can know based on who's watching and what exactly about your content they enjoy the most. I've got can figure this out you can then give them more of that. The same with the thumbnails, as Stanley also said.

Basically, there is no special trick or specific thing to do that can change your CTR higher or lower. It's all about the content and getting your audience to click through now of your content. Make out clickable and watchable.

OP
OP
zhugelianges

zhugelianges

Recognized Member
As @Stanley Orchard said your CTR is sacrosanct pretty good but to improve you just have to make your content more clickable. Ensure you know who you're audience is and give them exactly what they want. This you can know based on who's watching and what exactly about your content they enjoy the most. I've got can figure this out you can then give them more of that. The same with the thumbnails, as Stanley also said.

Basically, there is no special trick or specific thing to do that can change your CTR higher or lower. It's all about the content and getting your audience to click through now of your content. Make out clickable and watchable.
Thanks bro!