• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Content in English but no views from English speaking countries. What's wrong?

ravindrajoisa

www.ravindrajoisa.com
Subscriber Goal
I am a content creator from India. Even though my content is all in English, and I have been adding subtitles in multiple European languages, I hardly get any traffic from any of the English speaking countries like the US, Canada, UK or Australia. Same is the case with views from European region even though I have added subtitles. What can be done? My current traffic/views are mainly from Hindi Speaking and now Arabic, even though I have added subtitles in all languages possible.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
There is nothing wrong... YouTube has simply found an audience that has responded well to your videos. There is a geographic element to their Search and Discovery systems, and your videos have proven to perform well with Arabic and Hindi speaking viewers.

Do you edit your captions and translate your titles/descriptions? I know they are in English but I am curious if that has played a hand in your channel's discovery.

Reactions: ravindrajoisa
OP
OP
ravindrajoisa

ravindrajoisa

www.ravindrajoisa.com
Subscriber Goal
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I edit the captions and then translate titles and descriptions. Looks like.. As I am publishing from India, by default YouTube might be pointing to this location. Wondering how I can target the EU region and other English-speaking countries.

Bulltahr

Motorcycles, since the 80's......
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
VPN to the UK maybe , I never add video location either, just to mess with the YT algorithms (Not sure if it does tho....) and hopefully not be optimized for a local audience....