• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Video titles and descriptions.

Apps

Recognized Member
m.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi friends,Sometimes i find it very difficult to give a title to my Youtube videos and that makes me keep on change the title from time to time.

The description part also gives me some head ache and i end up writing a description that's simmilar to the title.

What are the main things that i should be emphasising when giving a title or writing a description to my YouTube video.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
One of the advices I've always seem is that you should consider creating the title first before creating the content. The idea is basically knowing what the video will be before creating it so the title would be in essence the same as the idea.

Another advice I would suggest is creating variations of the title with others words so you can test and see which combination of words will provide the best chances of being found in search and also to ensure it draws attention.

My last advice is that it depends on the content as to whether you can create the title first or afterwards. For example, as a hammer my titles tend to happen after I record gameplay because I don't know what the gameplay will be until it's played and recorded. But I usually like making the title before I edit. This helps find the best scene for the thumbnail.

How this helps.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
One of the advices I've always seem is that you should consider creating the title first before creating the content. The idea is basically knowing what the video will be before creating it so the title would be in essence the same as the idea.

Another advice I would suggest is creating variations of the title with others words so you can test and see which combination of words will provide the best chances of being found in search and also to ensure it draws attention.

My last advice is that it depends on the content as to whether you can create the title first or afterwards. For example, as a hammer my titles tend to happen after I record gameplay because I don't know what the gameplay will be until it's played and recorded. But I usually like making the title before I edit. This helps find the best scene for the thumbnail.

How this helps.
Ooooh... that is some next-level thoughts. Well said. I don't do that but in hindsight I can see the value of formulating a video around the title. I think I'll experiment with that myself.