• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question YouTube, Adsense, and multiple Gmail accounts

LoganS

Hi, guys.

A new member here. I was just about to pay for my first year of TubeBuddy when I realized that I need help understanding something first.

I already have an Adsense account under my personal Gmail. Under that login, I have an ancient personal YouTube account that is active but not relevant for my new business. For the new business, I registered a new Gmail and set up a new channel on YouTube under that login. There's no action on it yet so I could just as easily set it up again under my personal email login. I don't plan on any shenanigans in any way on my channels, certainly nothing copyright-related. I am aware that I can have only one Adsense account.

Does it matter where I set up my new channel ΓÇô under the new or old email login? Does it matter for either Adsense or TubeBuddy? Are there any advantages or disadvantages to having it under personal or business email? I'd like to set this up as wisely as possible before I get in too deep :)

Thank you so much!
Excited to be here :)

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
You will use a Google Account to register for TubeBuddy. Once you have done that, it will allow you to choose a channel linked to that Google Account to activate TubeBuddy with. If you purchase a license, that license will be linked to a Channel associated with that Google Account.

An example: Let's say you have a Google Account "myaccount1@gmail.com" and it has two YouTube Channels linked to it - "My Channel" and "My Other Channel". You could with that single google account add a free license to both channels and you will see both channels on your TubeBuddy Dashboard. If you chose to upgrade to a paid license, you will need to choose what channel to apply that paid license to. The license is against the channel, not the account.

Further, let's assume you also have a Google Account "myaccount2@gmail.com" and it also has two YouTube Channels linked to it - "My Channel 2" and "my Other Channels 2". There is no way to have one TubeBuddy login and see all four channels. You would have to login to one or the other Google Account and then would only see the channels associated with that account.

Hope that helps!

OP
OP
L

LoganS

Thank you for a speedy reply :) Unfortunately, it doesn't have the answer I'm looking for.

Basically, I am trying to figure out if there is an advantage or disadvantage to having my new channel under my main Gmail account or under a new one. I'd prefer the simplicity of being logged into one profile but not if there are any reasons not to go that route.

Thanks!

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Thank you for a speedy reply :) Unfortunately, it doesn't have the answer I'm looking for.

Basically, I am trying to figure out if there is an advantage or disadvantage to having my new channel under my main Gmail account or under a new one. I'd prefer the simplicity of being logged into one profile but not if there are any reasons not to go that route.

Thanks!
It literally doesn't matter. It is up to you and what the of workflow you want. Some people have multiple accounts to segment their brand accounts or to link one account with a business entitiy. That makes it easier to divest them, etc. Others want everything in one place. There is no advantage to either one, only preference.

OP
OP
L

LoganS

Thank you!

I kept researching in the meantime and came to the same conclusion. I think just the fact that it all goes to the same single AdSense account makes it less important to try and separate anything. Unless one has segmentation requirements that you mentioned. I don't and simplicity and time-saving are way more important. I'll have to set up the channel again and will sign up to TB from the main login. Thanks again :)

Reactions: Stanley | Team TB