• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Content ID Claims

contentisking

I got content ID claims for all the youtube videos I uploaded (I'm using music from a membership site similar than epidemicsound). I got license to the music so I could dispute the content ID claim but I was thinking about not disputing the claim ...

There is no proof that YouTube videos that generate ad revenue get promoted more in YouTube, but many marketers think that probably is the case.

If I don't dispute thecontent ID claim then the copyright owner would probably run ads on my videos and probably the YouTube videos would be promoted more in YouTube... my youtube videos wouldnt generate ad revenue as it's a new youtube channel

Is a big risk not disputing the content ID claim? If I dont dispute the claim maybe they might issue a copyright strike?

On this tubebbudy upload checklist Roberto talks about the possibility that YouTube videos that generate ad revenue get promoted more in YouTube

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Timely answer to part of your question:

I can't answer your risk question about not disputing. Others may have an opinion - and that's the point. It is really opinion and how it might impact what you are trying to accomplish.

I will note that most people we see dispute them win them if they are using a legitimate source.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
I had a couple claims when using a different music service. It's important to get your service to contact the claimants. They'll often release the claim. This is exactly the reason I started to compose my own music.

Bears and Butters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I got content ID claims for all the youtube videos I uploaded (I'm using music from a membership site similar than epidemicsound). I got license to the music so I could dispute the content ID claim but I was thinking about not disputing the claim ...

There is no proof that YouTube videos that generate ad revenue get promoted more in YouTube, but many marketers think that probably is the case.

If I don't dispute thecontent ID claim then the copyright owner would probably run ads on my videos and probably the YouTube videos would be promoted more in YouTube... my youtube videos wouldnt generate ad revenue as it's a new youtube channel

Is a big risk not disputing the content ID claim? If I dont dispute the claim maybe they might issue a copyright strike?

On this tubebbudy upload checklist Roberto talks about the possibility that YouTube videos that generate ad revenue get promoted more in YouTube
If you are using music from a Membership site, and you are getting Copyright strikes, you really need to reach out to the Membership site. They could have some restrictions on how you're using the music? For example. are you putting just the entire piece of music, to some stock footage and posting it on your site? Or are you doing something "transformative" to it.. such as adding this subscription music to the background of a vlog, or something else similar?

Anyhow.. dispute with your membership site.. they are supposed to protect you, which is why you're paying for their site to begin with.

Reactions: Damon