• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Best time to post for summer - (based on our channel) Need help!

Randomlifestylevlog

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
www.linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
Hey there everyone,

So while we try and focus on important things like optimisation, seo etc we have noticed a shift on our channel. While we usually post thurs - sunday at 6 pm we have started to see a drop in views at this time. The UK is having quite a bit of sun and we think this is affecting view counts so we are thing of changing our publishing time. This is our current stats. What can we change?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-04 at 23.43.29.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-04 at 23.43.29.png
    142.8 KB · Views: 114

nate polmateer

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Hey there everyone,

So while we try and focus on important things like optimisation, seo etc we have noticed a shift on our channel. While we usually post thurs - sunday at 6 pm we have started to see a drop in views at this time. The UK is having quite a bit of sun and we think this is affecting view counts so we are thing of changing our publishing time. This is our current stats. What can we change?

A friend of mine I work with, in Real Life has a channel with 200k Subs and has been doing YT for 6 years. He said Summer is the worst time and even he has to remind himself that the fall and winter are when views really come in. I would say deducing from what he has said and he has way more experience than I. It has less to do with posting time and content and more to do with the fact people just are not watching as much. I am even finding myself spending 1 hour on Saturday watching some of my favourite creators then not watching much more than that. For July and August, I'll be scaling down to only one video a week as well maybe a bonus video once a month. But stepping back a little getting some much-needed mental break and relax and enjoy the summer. :)

Reactions: Randomlifestylevlog

nate polmateer

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Look at the whole year. Two or three years from now is what matters. Given that each videos lives forever on the internet, the time you upload the video is not as important as uploading the videos itself.

Love your input on this, in the grand scheme looking back it'll be fine :)

Reactions: Randomlifestylevlog