• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Did YouTube just Delete 500 Hours of Watch time??(Update : On June 15 I almost got all my watchtime back, that took some time haha)

BenLeo

Hi everyone, Hope you're doing great!
So something very weird happened...
I want to start by saying that watch time from Ad campaigns have been excluded already. No videos were unlisted or private.

There seems to be a discrepancy in the Watch time on my analytics page (1.7K Hours) and the watch time on my monetization page (1273 Hours) for the past 365 days.
Both Screenshots captured on 1 June, 2021.
Analytics Page :
Youtube Analytics page.PNG
sasdada

Monetization Page: LAST UPDATED May 30, 2021

Youtube Monetization Page.PNG

On May 18 I clicked this picture on my phone: 593 Hours

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-01 at 16.40.55.jpeg

After May 18, 2021 my channel generated approx. 1200 hours of watch time.
So my concern is why doesn't the monetization page show 1.7k(Approx.) hours (593+1200 Hours) ?
Why does it show 1.2K hours? I did run 4 Ad Campaigns which generated 30 hours of watch time but even after excluding that there's a discrepancy of around 500 Hours.

500 Hours might not seem like much but for a relatively small creator like me who puts his heart and soul into making videos, it matters.

Any help or assiatance regarding this matter would mean a lot to me.
Hope I will get a response soon. Thank you so much.

Best Regards,
Ben.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Ben, the best advice when you see this is always to give it a few days. The fluctuations happen and there have definitely been issues with analytics recently. You will see quite a few recent threads about data missing. It usually resolves itself in 24-48 hours.

If that doesn't work, reach out to @teamyoutube on twitter. They are way ore responsive on twitter than just about anywhere else. Make sure you follow that account so they can DM you back. But do give it a day or so to settle out before reaching out to them.

OP
OP
BenLeo

BenLeo

Ben, the best advice when you see this is always to give it a few days. The fluctuations happen and there have definitely been issues with analytics recently. You will see quite a few recent threads about data missing. It usually resolves itself in 24-48 hours.

If that doesn't work, reach out to @teamyoutube on twitter. They are way more responsive on twitter than just about anywhere else. Make sure you follow that account so they can DM you back. But do give it a day or so to settle out before reaching out to them.
Thanks so much for always replying! Yes it's has been almost a week now. And thanks for the Twitter Suggestion!

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
The hours that you generate during livestreams do not count towards monetization hours.
Want to stress, the VOD watch hours do. And I don't know about others, but I drive more on the VOD than on the livestream itself.

Reactions: BenLeo