• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Someone is trying to get my channel BANNED! I need your HELP PLEASE !!!

BenLeo

Hi guys, I'm Ben. Hope you're all doing great.
So I'll try to keep this as detailed as possible.

On June 2nd my subscriber count was 575 (Gained over the last 10 months). My subscriber count started going up suddenly and within a matter of minutes my sub count was 800. (On June 2nd, 2021)
This was suspicious so I checked my YouTube analytics. Apparently, the traffic was coming from "External sources" and was only coming on 3 of my videos.
All 3 videos had one word spam comments like "good, amazing, great, wow". On further examination I found out that the external traffic was coming from a website called "Rewardsble" (Screenshot attached). And this(the Analytics data) doesn't even account for June 2nd, When the suspicious activity actually started happening to a noticeable degree.
External source 1.PNG

External 2.PNG

Now on googling this website Rewardsble it turns out that they assign asks to people like subscribing to a channel, liking and commenting in exchange for some cash.
I even did a YouTube search for this and found out that it was a "fast money making app 2021", if that makes any sense.
I have made 3 of my videos private which were being targeted and the traffic has completely stopped.

WHO is doing this and WHY?

Who : I made a video on a scammer and he didn't like that, he called me at 2 AM on June 2nd and at 9:30 am on the same day this started happening.
Why : We all are aware of the fact that YouTube has strict policies against apps and sources like these. And that it will not tolerate any traffic that comes from such external sources and will eventually ban the channel for "invalid click activity" and other reasons. So basically he's(the scammer who I made a video about) listed my channel/videos on that website(Rewardsble) and people are coming in and liking and subscribing to my channel and spamming everywhere for cash, unbenounced of the fact that it is actually harming my channel.
The scammer gets what he wants (getting my channel banned).

Since I put my heart and soul into making my videos like all other creators, and my channel was at the peak in the month of May. I was actually witnessing growth. A ban would totally destroy my channel and all my efforts.
if anyone can help, guide or assist me regarding this whole situation it would mean the world to me.
I tried my best to explain everything as c;learly and in deatail as possible. If you still have any doubts please let me know.
Thank you so so much!!

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
No one here can do much, but YouTube is MUCH more responsive on twitter. Reach out to them @teamyoutube and make sure you follow them so they can DM you.

Reactions: Damon and spookyboo

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Geez I hope this can be resolved soon, thatΓÇÖs quite frightening that scammers can add channels to dodgy click farm looking sites like that, IΓÇÖve got all my content backed up just in case things like this do occur (knock on wood), and if anyone hasnΓÇÖt backed up their work, youΓÇÖd better do it!

tropicthunder

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
This is one of the things that scares me about youtube system, this thing can easily abused. And the worst part is, most of the time the "punishment" comes from youtube bot, hoping that the owner reach to Youtube to resolve that.

Reactions: Damon and BenLeo

spookyboo

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
www.scarystorytime.com
Subscriber Goal
Good luck. I had asked another youtube who wanted to collab to contact me through the email address instead of in the comments and she did some sarcastic emoticon and then suddenly I have a bunch of dislikes on the video. It was so obvious, but of course, YouTube does nothing about it. It just seems like between copyright strikes and trollers the innocent are always guilty there.

Reactions: Damon

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Good luck. I had asked another youtube who wanted to collab to contact me through the email address instead of in the comments and she did some sarcastic emoticon and then suddenly I have a bunch of dislikes on the video. It was so obvious, but of course, YouTube does nothing about it. It just seems like between copyright strikes and trollers the innocent are always guilty there.
I want to note that we have seen people have some success proactively reaching out on Twitter. Getting ahead of it seems to help, but to your point - this is a bigger problem.

Reactions: Damon

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Yikes, this thread of discussion opened my eyes to an ugly corner of YT. Thanks for sharing. Definitely try to get ahead of this if at all possible and use every method you can to document and contact someone at YT is a good move.