• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Is it better for me to focus on one type of content or branch out to other content as well?

Rise Of Jay Cee

Subscriber Goal
So I wanted my channel to have different kind of videos ranging from documentary, gaming, beauty and food. However, would one post this many variety of videos content would alienate certain audience for those who only stay for one type of video content (let say food). Is it better for me to just focus on one type of video content? What are your guys opinion on it? Hope I make things clear.

Bears and Butters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
As creators who have been doing YouTube for almost 3 years... it's all about finding your niche. We said that we wanted to not just be stuck doing one thing, but it seems like finding a couple things that does really well on your channel is better than 20 things that don't do very well. We're definitely paying the price for it now.

OP
OP
Rise Of Jay Cee

Rise Of Jay Cee

Subscriber Goal
As creators who have been doing YouTube for almost 3 years... it's all about finding your niche. We said that we wanted to not just be stuck doing one thing, but it seems like finding a couple things that does really well on your channel is better than 20 things that don't do very well. We're definitely paying the price for it now.
Yeah I agree with you. I guess it depend on what type of video content gain traction the most and if it does, can put that as the main focus. I most likely experiment with different video content as a starter first and see how it pick up from there.