• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Kid's YouTube

Oliver & Liz

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Hey everyone!

So I have a channel with my kids and all of our videos are marked "made for kids", which means no comments are allowed and the videos can not be saved. I'm looking to start a cooking channel (ugh yes yet another one hahaha) that will be kid-friendly but not specifically geared towards kids. My question is how can channels like Cake Ideas by Hoopla Recipes and Weelicious be on Kid's YouTube but not mark their videos "made for kids"? I've noticed that I'm able to comment and save them. Are they just not opting to self-identify their videos as "made for kids" and then wish, hope, and dream that their content winds up on Kid's YT?

TLDR Can you mark your kid-friendly content as not made for kids and still get onto kid's YT?

Many thanks!

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
You do not have to mark your content as 'Made for Kids' in order to be picked up by Kid's YT. I am afraid I don't know the specifics of how they select videos for publication there though.

Reactions: legocreativecorner