• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Skippable Ads VS Non-Skippable Ads

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
So I know the Non-Skippable ads that play the ad longer you make more money on that video vs the skippable ads...Has anyone tried turning off the skippable ads and ONLY have the Non-skippable ads play on their channel? My Earnings is about 75% Skippable 14% Bumper ads (Auction) Non-skippable ads 5.5% and display ads (Auction) 4.8%.. I was just curious if anyone has tried only displaying ads that are Non-skippable and how did that work out for you?

Reactions: TheShihTzuFamily

Bears and Butters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
This is our experience only... but we had found that when we started adding non-skippable ads.. we had viewers complain that they were being forced to watch a 20+ minute non-skippable ad for a 10 minute YouTube video. We have tried to turn non-skippable on since then, but we noticed a decrease in viewership... but possibly we didn't have a long enough test period to see if it would have picked up, as it felt like our adsense revenue got neutered when we had them implemented.

OP
OP
Jeff Goober

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
This is our experience only... but we had found that when we started adding non-skippable ads.. we had viewers complain that they were being forced to watch a 20+ minute non-skippable ad for a 10 minute YouTube video. We have tried to turn non-skippable on since then, but we noticed a decrease in viewership... but possibly we didn't have a long enough test period to see if it would have picked up, as it felt like our adsense revenue got neutered when we had them implemented.
I have them all turned on so IΓÇÖm not sure which ones are skippable and non-skippable.. IΓÇÖve read other places where the Viewer will get annoyed watching a non-skippable ad which I can relate to LOL

tropicthunder

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I just turn on the non-skippable ads just to experimenting. Btw, are you sure that there are a 20 minute+ non-skippable ads ? Because I just read on google that it's only 6-15 seconds long.

Reactions: Jeff Goober
OP
OP
Jeff Goober

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I have over 20k subs and still haven't been monetized. Every video I make, I am making up for last years numbers. I am stuck around 3,200-3,500 hours. Sometimes it dips 500 hours depending on what video I made last year... the horror...
You will get there

Bears and Butters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I just turn on the non-skippable ads just to experimenting. Btw, are you sure that there are a 20 minute+ non-skippable ads ? Because I just read on google that it's only 6-15 seconds long.

This was about a year ago.. and yes, I'm sure...I've seen them myself... 20 minute long ads. Maybe that's changed since a year ago.

• Wow
Reactions: Jeff Goober