• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question How often should you post YouTube videos on your channel?

Sister_Su

turtledovethoughts.blogspot.com
Subscriber Goal
How often should you post YouTube videos on your channel?
I would also say it also depends on your audience. How often do they want to hear from you?
I made the mistake of posting a lot of videos in one day and not unticking the notification box and lost almost a quarter of my subscribers!
I didn't have many subscribers to start with so it wasn't a big loss number wise and I'm grateful I learned this lesson before I had a large number of subscribers to antagonize.
I'm thinking of continuing to load lots of videos, and doing a bi-weekly or monthly recap video and only sending out the notification on that.
I wonder if other people have any experience doing something like that?

AnnysKoreanLife

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
We try to make 2 videos weekly. But before that, we talk a lot to discuss what video should we make. We see the analytics and try to find what people like. Also we try to set the whole storyline before shooting. What we think is good content is way more important than frequency. There is one example from Korean YouTuber who made 160K subscribers with monthly uploaded video.

charandperry

Familiar Member
Subscriber Goal
I would also say it also depends on your audience. How often do they want to hear from you?
I made the mistake of posting a lot of videos in one day and not unticking the notification box and lost almost a quarter of my subscribers!
I didn't have many subscribers to start with so it wasn't a big loss number wise and I'm grateful I learned this lesson before I had a large number of subscribers to antagonize.
I'm thinking of continuing to load lots of videos, and doing a bi-weekly or monthly recap video and only sending out the notification on that.
We found out that with being a travel channel we was hardly posting because of covid and being unable to travel. In result of this we lost quite a few subscribers gradually! So we started a few sit down travel related videos to build up content :)

Reactions: Damon

iFarrag

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Since your channel is all about gaming I believe you should be posting very often, daily if you can!

Ennsu's Vault

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal

Hello! Sorry if this is kind of - out of topic but I'm curious on how you can control the notification for your subscribers, coz I tried searching but was unable to find that. Now for this thread's question, I'm kind of a gaming channel and my goal before is to upload 2 - 4 videos a week (I'm not currently meeting that goal xD ).

Apin89

Subscriber Goal
As often as you can without causing yourself to get overwhelmed and burned out. YouTube is a long term game- there's no point in uploading daily for 3 months and then quitting.
agree, the point is not causing yourself to get overwhelmed and burned out

charandperry

Familiar Member
Subscriber Goal
I also upload once weekly, to prevent burnout or unseen circumstances I make a video a week or two ahead and schedule it on youtube to publish a certain day and time, when I know my audience has the best available time to watch.
That is what we're trying trying to do. With uploading weekly of travel content it's working out better so far to not cause a burnout!

Reactions: Daily Driven Jeeps

Lavender

Subscriber Goal
as often as you can if possible. though if your subjects on contentment are in series like a book description then periodical uploading is best.

• Love
Reactions: Virtual Games

The Kitchen Gamer

Making Food from everyday and from Video Games
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
At least once a week but you should not try and get heaps of content out as you should have a balance of quality and quantity as if you produce content everyday then your not spending the time making quality and doing your research into SEO and making a big punch. On the other hand if your doing a daily Vlog then that's a different story but it all comes down to what content your going to be producing for your viewers.