• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Youtube hours down shall we post scheduled video now?

charandperry

Familiar Member
Subscriber Goal
Hey, so we've currently got a video scheduled for Wednesday but our hours are down within the last 24hrs. Shall we upload our video today or leave until scheduled day and time?

What would you do?

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
There is always a debate with consistency versus the initial push to get to 50 or even 100 videos. I am in the "get to 50 or 100 videos" camp give most people don't have a big enough audience up to that point to know the demand for a specific release window.

Reactions: charandperry

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Personally I post based on a schedule rather than following the metrics... I try to align myself more with my audience than the algorithm (generally doing so is positive to the Algorithm anyway). But I do agree with @SILTHW in that if you are capable of posting that video and then getting another out in time for your regularly scheduled content it would not hurt to challenge yourself like that. People always worry about posting once per week versus twice per week... both have merit but the reality is mental health and quality versus insanity and quantity. Make good videos, be consistent with your posting to the best of your ability and when you can challenge yourself to double-down and get a few extra videos pushed out. There is a noticeable difference in your channel, your skills and your video performance from your first 5 videos to videos 95 through 100. Getting to that point should be something that you really focus on.

Reactions: charandperry
OP
OP
C

charandperry

Familiar Member
Subscriber Goal
Thank you for both of your advice. We have potentially another 3 videos ready to edit and upload. Which I'll be editing one tomorrow after work so will see if views change between now and then to see if worth uploading a day earlier or not?